Amen, I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you. Dear Lord,
Why, oh why do I always and continually doubt the masterful and amazing timing of Your plans for our family?
Why do I whine to you about my time and my plans and my wants when You are the One who is really in charge? Why do you I pray to You for patience and fortitude and yet resist every opportunity that You present to me to practice them?
Oh, how easy it is to forget that You are indeed the Author of Life, even for those who try to be faithful to you. Your time is always the right one, Your ways are mysterious but perfect.
Thank You for the gift of these 40 weeks - help me to stop asking You for patience. Help me to enjoy every last drop of this pregnancy, even the crosses that will come. Unite my sufferings both now and in the future with the sufferings of Your Son who labored to bring forth the Church from His cross.
Teach me to love as You do - give me a heart filled with Your everlasting Love for these two wee ones that You have given into my care. Help me remember that they were Yours first and are only on loan for a little while.
Give me the faith of a mustard seed, the faith of Your Son's own Mother, that I might always believe in Your plan for us, even when I cannot see it. Help me to move mountains.
Amen.
St. Gerard, patron of pregnancy, pray for us.


Amen indeed. Thanks for sharing. I prayed it outloud for myself also.
ReplyDeletewow, thanks autumn, that is so nice :)
ReplyDelete