You know what's a bad combination?
An OCD/type A personality and nesting hormones.
It tends to make one.... frantic.
However, frantic at 33 weeks just looks a little ridiculous and manifests itself in feeling antsy and trying to imagine projects to do.
Its too early to start freezing meals (I promised myself I would wait until September to do that. And, my budget made me promise, too) and my one little baby crafty project (a silky-minky blanket, fabric courtesy of a friend who only asked that I make her kid a blanket in exchange. caching!) is on hold b/c the minky fabric arrived with a big black marker mark smack dab in the middle of the cut. Thus, sewing is waiting on the postman.
The newborn diapers are in the drawer, the newborn neutrals are in their drawer and my cosleeper in on loan to my auntie and won't be here until October. The rational, non-hormone/OCD controlled part of my brain realizes that asking my husband to put together the swing from storage roughly two months before the baby is even is sort of, you know, insane. And while it would be satisfying to know that its *done,* I also don't want to stare at it in my living room for the next seven weeks, not to mention fight the 22 month old who is sure to want to climb right in it.
The downside to being surprised about baby is that you can't order announcements (or even address envelopes - what color return labels to get? what color pretty unibal gel pen to use?) ahead of time. Well, not *order* persay, but get it *ready* to order. I am contenting myself with pre-planning as much of the baptism and party as possible - contacting cake makers, brainstorming favors (personal holy cards and sugar cookies - that's good, right? I also like these) and oh, now that I think about it, doing up the invitation for those who don't do evites. As much as it would feel good to do, I do concede its too early to actually *send* an Evite (or possibly a FB event) for a party over Veteran's Day weekend, although I long to do so (I've also considered doing an event for our 3rd annual Christ the King Party. You know, the Sunday after Thanksgiving. I'm telling you, folks, the hormones, they are a-ragin').
So, to appease the nesting beast within, I did some Christmas crafting today - cleaning out the Christmas scrap fabric pile by making gift bags and precutting some scraps to sew into giftcard holders later (anyone need some? I think I'll have a lot), and a scrappy fleece throw pillow. It gives me an embarassingly large amount of peace of mind to know that my fabric dresser is that much more organized.
Sigh. Its a sickness.
Lastly, I've started planning the Pumpkin's 2nd Birthday - baseballs :) (Boyo's 2nd Birthday was Footballs. Adorably enough, corresponding to each of their first "sport's word"). Since I'll either be hugely pregnant or dazedly clutching a newborn, the Baseball Party is translating into eating hot dogs at the Sonic Playplace (because what else would you eat at a baseball party?), eating baseball cupcakes (those will be blessedly, stupidly, easy), and calling it a homerun.
So that's what nesting looks like at 33 weeks pregnant: a lot of thinking about what I might be doing in a few weeks from now.
Perhaps, what I *should* be doing more of is praying. Praying for this baby, this growing family and of course, the birth.
Note to self...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Note to self here, too, though I'm not nearly as frantic as you are. :>)
ReplyDeleteplease don't model yourself off me - i'm CRAZY :-p
DeleteHave you cleaned the mini-blinds, washed under the fridge and dusted the closet shelves yet? You know, the baby will be getting into all that stuff so it has to be sparkling. :)
ReplyDeleteahahah - the closet shelves! good idea! the other two... we rent so i can't get motivated to clean such spaces. esp the miniblinds. UGH!
DeleteI'm not nearly this crazed and I'm due next week. Settle down, Mama!
ReplyDeleteI admire your projects and planning... I need to be better at doing that in my home life. Also, I love the soaps that you're considering. They are too cute!
ReplyDeleteReading this post made me want to take a nap and I'm not even pregnant! LOL!
ReplyDelete1. Washing machine meets q-tip
ReplyDelete2. Mary's birthday is in just over a week. I'm waiting for my invitation. ;)