Thursday, August 4, 2011

Pre-Walker Must Haves

I've blogged before about baby musthaves but those were all geared for wee little things.

Like this guy:


Now, though, I have one of these:



Ten months old on Saturday (oh my heart. how it hurts), and I was just thinking the other day that there are a couple of things I'm so glad I have for my bigger baby.

Firstly, my Ergo:

I stinkin' love this thing. Just like you wear different shoes for different occasions, different carriers work for different ages and stages. The Ergo, honestly, is one of the most versatile, but in this stage of active, heavy yet still needs a mama (or a papa!) to lug them around, the Ergo is the way to go. Front or back carry, without any back pain, my pumpkin goes everywhere in this thing. He usually naps his way through Mass in it as well - the hood snaps up to block out light and sound. Love!

My 2nd glad-I-have-one, you-should-too (if you have a giftcard or consignment shop near you!) is our Baby Einstein's Jumperoo.

We wanted another "place to put him" for the Boyo and its gotten its use with both boys. New from Target with a giftcard, this is best bought used or borrowed (or with a giftcard!), because its kinda pricey new, and gets used for a short time. Its best for containment right now. Mr. Gogogogogogo sometimes needs to get out of my way slash stop getting in the liquor under the sink while I clean up or get dinner. Some might just throw the kid in the highchair, but he has a limited window in that spot, so I like to maximize that while eating my own food. Thus, this little containment device is a goldmine.

And, we bought the Baby Einstein one because the music it plays? Is really classical music. And tinny thought it may be, Telemann and Blue Danube Waltz don't make stabby like endless Twinkle, Twinkle and Mary had a little lamb.

Lastly? This little beaut by Melissa and Doug:

Clackety clack goes my little man pushing his alligators around the upstairs. Its great for pre-walkers and am so glad we received this as a gift for the Boyo from his Grammy many moons ago. He actually didn't get much use out of it because he walked shortly after getting it, but man does the Pumpkin go to town. I love that its wooden, doesn't sing, and results in lots of pictures like this:


And really, isn't that reason enough to have one?



What are your pretoddler must haves?

3 comments:

  1. They have that clickity clack toy at the Pittsburgh Children's Museum and owen LOVES to play with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love em all. and that naked bum picture is an instant classic :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the exact same Baby Eistein jumperoo/exersaucer thingy. We got ours from a guy in hubby's old unit who was getting rid of it because they had another one their daughter liked better, so ours was practically brand new and cheap! Yay! AJ LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!