Friday, February 11, 2011

Three Years Ago

I became a mother.



This [not so] little jumping, running, giggling, joking, loving and handsome man has taught me so much about myself (and reminded me of all the things I need to fix about me too!)



Truly my mini-me, this kid; I predict many years of laughter and tears; that we will butt heads and crack jokes; and that all too soon, he won't stop what he's doing just to give his ol' Mama a big hug. Sniff.



I think the best part about having a daughter will be that your relationship will get closer and deepen as they age and move on and out - as she becomes woman, you can truly appreciate each other in a whole new way.

Conversely, the hardest part about having a son is that little by little, they grow away from you, into little men. Part of this mama's heart hopes he'll always need his mama, just a little bit.



But a bigger part hopes just as hard, just as fierce, just as much, that he won't need me at all.

I love you monkey man; Happy Toy Story 3rd Birthday! May you grow up and out of my arms straight into the arms of Mama Mary.



ps. I cried while writing this. Don't judge me.

5 comments:

  1. sniff. I am hoping the hug part isn't true. Happy Birthday little boyo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to your little man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, happy birthday to him! And give yourself a pat on the back/treat for 3 wonderful years of motherhood!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, so sweet - I would've cried, too! Happy birthday to him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's okay, I got teary-eyed myself while reading it! Happy Birthday to Mr. Monkey Man. :)

    ReplyDelete

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!