
How far along? 37 weeks
How big is baby? 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches - think Swiss Chard
Total weight gain/loss: 30 pounds. Excuse me while I go and cry.
Maternity clothes? Try Mu-mus.
Sleep: Pfft.
Movement: Pokey and punchy - right in the bladder and cervix!
Labor Signs: really uncomfortable Braxton Hicks.
What I miss: NOT having Shrek Feet - I didn't swell last time really at ALL and today, I got out of the car and looked down and was like - what is wrong with my toes?!? They look like sausages! Puffy, ugly Shrek feet, complete with cankles. Ugh.
What I am looking forward to: Labor and Birth. Ie. being done. Pumpkin, you are full term, honey, come on out any time!
Also, chiropractor tomorrow for a nice, open pelvis and another midwife check on Tuesday.


Ah, come on give him another week or two!
ReplyDeleteGive Tia Jane a chance to send him a welcome to the world gift, before his arrival. : )
this might be uncharitable, but WHAT! 30 pounds on a skinny person like you is perfect. no more tears about the amazing amount of perfectness that God gave you. the end. Also, do you have a plan for eating during labor? I have some nice honey sticks I could send you for energy food. You want?
ReplyDeletei want! send soon! :-p
ReplyDeleteand a) its more than last time and 2) it feels like so. much. more.
not in a "i'm fat, look how ugly i am, my pants don't fit" kinda way (ok, i lied, that too, but thats normal!) but in a "wow, my frame can't handle this heavy, heavy, tummy slash extra fluid etc" kinda way.
so it makes me feel tired, awkward and ungainly - like its hard to walk/move around.
ok, i'm done whining now. me and my shrek feet are going to go vacuum :-p
and tia jane - he'll like his welcome gift no matter when it (or he) comes :)
Lina - I swelled so bad I couldn't wear shoes - at all. Our faculty handbook has a no flipflops policy, but I had to go to the Principal and inform him that I couldn't put shoes on my feet and so I had no choice but to wear flip-flops - and even those left lines in my feet almost instantly! Try to put them above your heart as much as possible (lying down obviously). I found that if I could sleep like that I'd wake up at least a little better. Also, drinking more water seemed to help a little bit (although it felt weird to be adding MORE fluid to my body!).
ReplyDeleteIt took a few weeks after the delivery for the swelling to really go down for me....
Btw... the ridiculous swelling (mine happened like overnight and was always heavier on one side) was one of the reasons that in the end I was diagnosed with pre-eclampsia. Not that I'm saying your is! Just fyi....
yea, my sandals are tight - fun times :-p and yes, drinking water actually does help (as does more salt) because swelling has to do with not having the right electrolyte balance.
ReplyDeletei'm not too worried about pre-eclampsia (although i plan to mention it to my midwife tomorrrow), because my pressure is low and the swelling isn't in my face or hands really.
i'm looking forward to sweating it all out postpartum :-p
Breastfeeding will knock those pounds off and then some! I'm down to the weight I was when I met my husband - granted some "stuff" is a little misplaced but meh, you'll have that. Nothing a little Pilates can fix.
ReplyDeleteMy feet were HUGE and even bigger in the 1st week postpartum, that was one of the biggest shocks for me. Definitely had the Shrek feet I thought my toes were going to pop off like buttons!
Hang in there Mama, hopefully he'll stay put and come out with a killer suckling reflex!
((hugs)))
ya.. sweating it all out postpartum - no one mentioned the sweating to me! I woke up soaked at night for 3 straight weeks thinking I was going crazy!
ReplyDeletethat's now on the list of things I tell all my pregnant friends!