Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I Believe...


... that all pregnant women deserve a midwifery model of care. The time, the attention, the hummus and pita chips during your prenatal visits, the trust in your own abilities and all the laughs, hugs and baby poking are simply priceless.

... that Autumn will come to the South. Someday. Toffee Mochas and Carmel Apple Ciders, pumpkin patches and apple orchards, long sleeves with leggings and changing leaves will again be mine to enjoy and savor. It has to. Right?

... the "C is for Cookie" and "that's good enough for me." And so does my son. Each and every day.

... that even a 37.5 week pregnant belly can be beautiful and attractive (well, to her husband). But not Shrek feet. There is just no good way to spin that.

... in the power of intercessory prayer, from all members of the Church, living and dead, especially when you pull out the big guns, like St. Raphael.

... that I might be anal, OCD and/or Type A, but when I'm done shopping/making Christmas presents by the beginning of Advent, other people will indeed be jealous. Of course, this would involve people in my family getting it in gear so we can pick names..... ((cough, cough))

... that the best part of having your best friend entering a convent might just have to be all the extra prayers/graces that I am going to get. Sure, its good for her, but its great for me!

... that having a Panera in town will make my already great existence as complete as it is possible to be in this earthly life.

... that I might be a huge nerd, but it is totally awesome that I have the phone numbers (cell!) of FOUR priests in my phone. FOUR. (Ok, one is still a brother, but I am totally counting it). It used to be five, but he's still in Cali, so I figured I didn't need him on speed dial anymore.

... that I never thought I could love anyone as much as my little monkey Mi'jo 2. 5 years ago. Now, I'm just waiting for the day that proves me wrong.

... that I might be a poor seamstress and crafter, but darned if it isn't lots of fun. Expensive. But fun!

... that, based on his detailed, ingenious (if I do say so myself) and completely self-generated block tower construction, my son has great career possibilities in architecture.

... that, based on his love of Mary and kisses for Jesus before bed, he has even great potential for the priesthood. And that, my friends, warms a mother's heart.


stolen from/inspired by Sally over at Exploits of a Military Mama

7 comments:

  1. Yay, I'm so glad you did this too! By the way, I totally think ALL pregnant women are beautiful. What a miracle! And dang, Fall better be here soon. I am so ready for temps less than 90 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fall? What's Fall? It's like dead of summer here still. Gag.

    I really loved this post, Lina :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks ladies - Sally has been doing this weekly and I might just start too. Its fun! :)

    and andrea - ohmigosh, YES. gag me with a SPOON! 90 degree highs - where are my cool fall breezes, DANGIT?!? :-p its like near occasion of sin looking at the weather forecasts where my parents and MIL live (MD & PA)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's still poohing! But now we're getting some solid flecks... so maybe on the mend? Oy.

    I would be honored for you to "steal" my badge, if you click on it , it will take you to the page with the HTML.

    Thanks for the props - I felt like my sidebar was getting too crowded.

    Uh you are not lucky to have shrek feet but SO LUCKY to get to gush over a little one again soon. SO.MUCH.LOVE.

    Also, my friend Kelly started her blog back up and her husband just left for his Army deployment (I think I told you gutmo?)
    www.threenichols.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so adorable!!! I keep my crafting expenses down (a little, anyway) by shopping the fabric reminant bins and clearance sections, and also Goodwill and our local tiny thrift shop. I then plan my projects based (mostly) on what I have. It works pretty well!

    OK, I'm giving up on just popping in from time to time and I'm going to subscribe - can't wait to hear about Pumpkin's (hopefully imminent!) arrival!

    ReplyDelete

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!