Friday, March 26, 2010

Be Still My Beating Heart


We had our 12 week appointment today for little Pumpkin and Mr. 2nd Lt., who was not supposed to make it, got out early last minute.


So our little family of four trekked over to the midwife's office and heard that sweet, sweet sound every first trimester mama is longing for:

thumpthumpthumpthumpthump.


Is it too weird to be so proud of a heartbeat? 'Cause, I was.

And, um, I might have gotten a little teary.

Only a little.

Pregnancy hormones and being my mother's daughter is a bad combination for moments such as these.


Keep on swimming little one, we all can't wait to meet you.


St. Rita and St. Joseph, pray for our baby.

5 comments:

  1. Why in the world would that be weird??

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, cuz its not like i had anything to DO with the heartbeat.

    well, unless of course, you count that i did make him...

    hmmm

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sound is always music to my ears and I teared up as well 4 weeks ago when I heard our wee ones heartbeat for the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless..what a beautiful sound!

    ReplyDelete

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!