Saturday, January 16, 2010

Catholic Crunchy Reviews

I wanted to share/recommend two amazing products that I received as gifts for Christmas.

Unforunately, I'm not one of those super cool blogs that gets free products for review/giveaway, but these two things are so great, I have to share.

The first is a set of teas from SancTeas, found at Saintly Soaps.com.



This amazing homeschooling, WAH Mama hand makes (combines?) these organic tea blends from scratch. And, the best part? They are "saint flavored"! What better way to enjoy a cold day then a cup of tea and thoughts of your favorite saint?

I had heard of this WAHM before this Christmas, having purchased her Saintly flavored soaps and candles before as gifts (Clean your body, soul and freshen the air at the same time! Lol, oh the marketing possibilities! :-p), but when she recently started making the teas, I was dying to try some. And, they actually come in three packs, for cheaper than 3 individual teas (too bad my sister didn't scan the page before she bought three!).

A few strategic Facebook statuses and voila - I got some for Christmas! I received two favorite saints - Blssd. Kateri (my Confirmation saint) and Mother Seton; and my sister's dear patron - St. Lucy.

The ingredients are top quality, looseleaf tea blends and taste great. Blssd Kateri's Tea, a lemongrass/ginger blend, tastes like American Indian - an outdoorsy field. Not kidding! I actually pry wouldn't order this again, because I personally don't care for ginger, but its so well made, I will enjoy finishing the package!

Mother Seton's tea - a Cinnamon Black tea blend - tastes like a downtoearth, practical kind of tea, with a little zest, just like the saintly wife, mother, educator and foundress for which it's named. The first sip is like a bite of Trident cinnamon gum - so make sure you like cinnamon! May or may not buy this one for myself again, since I usually don't care for flavored teas (I like them black, unsweetened, no cream), but its actually growing on me. The bit of bite makes it refreshing - and, now that I think of it, this might be a delicious iced tea.

Lastly, the St. Lucy blend is by far the best tea I've ever had - its a straight up black tea blend (earl gray - my fav!), with a hint of lemon and I l.o.v.e. it. I could drink this every day.

Now that I've sampled some of her teas, I might have to try St. Joseph's, St. Nicholas's and St. Therese's (mmmm, rose tea....) next. Or, maybe... all of them....



+><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+><>


This other product, the Sacramental Keepsake Box from CatholicChild.Com was a gift from my MIL to my Boyo, but Mr. 2nd Lt. and I have absconded with it to use for all our family sacramental certificates (you know, the ones that sit in a folder for 25 years... oh is that just me?).


Its a sweet, practical keepsake box - all the sacramental certificates in one place, for easy record keeping, and it has enough room to store the whole families.

And, you can put the containers in order of reception or grouped by Sacraments of Initiation or you can internally debate which is the more appropriate order everytime you open the box (oh, is that just me, too?)



Ps. See that beautiful Madonna and Child by Lenox ornament from my very dear Janey friend? Looks like a great "Mary ornament" for the Jesse tree, doesn't it? Or, is that just me? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!