Monday, September 7, 2009

The phone rang....


And it was him!
Finally!
After almost one month of not hearing the voice of my beloved, he was allowed to call.


I was expecting it to be a friend from New Mexico I was meeting in a few minutes for lunch. But it was him!

Another three glorious minutes.
Apparently, it was supposed to have been five glorious minutes, but his group was being punished with less time because some Selfish Sam in the group ahead of his went over time.


I was outside and in the middle of a parish festival, so it was hard to hear.
We were rushed for time, so we didn't get to say very much.
He is recovering from the flu, so he sounded kind of down and out.
I tried to be positive, but I started crying towards the end.


It was only three minutes.


But it was wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!