Monday, September 7, 2009

Georgia on My Mind...

Well, its official.

At least for this little corner of the universe.

Boyo and I are officially accompanying Mr. SL to Georgia for Officer Candidate School. Even though it will probably be expensive (this is not a PCS move, therefore, we will pay out of pocket), and we won't get to see Mr. SL terribly often, anytime is better than no time, I've decided. That, and our family needs its own space. Little and cramped, no matter. Private space is worth its weight in gold I've come to realize.

I have not yet decided furnished or unfurnished. The wordly part of me really and genuinely misses our "stuff" - I miss my Fiestaware plates, my saint statues, my picture frames, my toaster, my hope chest. I miss Boyo's toy baskets, my bathroom crucifix, my vaccuum cleaner (oh wait. the movers lost that. grrreat....) Those things all feel like home to me, I think.

However, the practical part of me thinks it might be a smidge silly to pay to move all the stuff to GA and then have to pay again to move it to BOLCIII, wherever that may be. (And then to wherever, somestate when Mr. SL gets his actual orders).

An army wife on facebook recommened http://www.ahrn.com/ to me and it looks like it will be super helpful. Which is good, because while I have come to this momentous decision, I don't really know how, persay, to go about making it happen.

I have googled and started searching Craigslist (Columbus, GA), but I would really prefer to live on-post. I want a community. I want like-minded (or at least like-situationed) folks.

But, how do you DO that when its not a PCS? I've been told I am allowed to, I just don't know HOW.

I also don't know how to find out if my husband's OCS dates have changed, since the start of his basic was delayed. Someone said they would not change, but he told me on the phone today to find out for sure. But HOW?

I need an "Army Life Instruction Manual".....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!