Friday, August 7, 2009

Stream of Consciousness

Everything has been so jumbled up in my head lately, that I have about 10 different posts floating around in my head, so please excuse the rambles...

.....am very excited to see my two cats in four days time. I miss them dearly (even the whiney stupid one) and hope they won't hate me for spending ten days in a kennel....

.... am beyond over my family's complete inability to care at all when there is a baby asleep and modulate their noise levels. Not tippy-toes and whispers, mind you, just some calm, gentle requests to not scream so loud and perhaps turn down the movie theater volume level coming off the tv (keep in mind, these are folks 20 and older, not little ones who can't self regulate).

..... am beyond over criticism couched in the form of "parenting advice" - he'd sleep better in a crib, just let him have X junk food, he's on vacation (we're visiting family in the FL Keys), don't change your activities when the baby is sleeping or he'll never get used to it (hello?! my activities don't include SCREAMING in the next room while playing a game. ANYONE would wake up for that), don't nurse him when he's hurt, why aren't you nursing him when he cries at night.... and the list goes on....

.... am in desperate need for likeminded friends/conversations - crunchy folks, or Catholic folks, or both folks... I miss having people like me...

.... missing my dear, handsome husband so hard it hurts....

.... trying desperately to hold off taking a pregnancy test because its embarassing how early I am willing to do those things, even though I KNOW they don't work that early and I KNOW its unlikely it would be what I want it to be anyways.

.... am more than embarassed I am even mentioning that online.

.... reminding myself that noone reads this but me, so don't get too full of myself :)

.... trying to figure out how to reconcile lots of nightwaking and terrible all morning nursing and how that is driving me bonkers with a poor little, confused toddler, whose Papa is gone, whose BED is gone, and whose any semblance of routine is gone.... sigh.

.... thinking that there is nothing like a boat ride and warm Gulf water.

.... thinking that the above would be better with Brian to share it.

.... becoming disturbed with my inability to be around/watch other dating and married couples. Really, its petty and selfish, but their touchiness makes me so darn sad... and my heart hurts. And, I just want to get between them and say, "you stop that, don't you know that MY husband isn't here! Why are you making it worse?", when of course, I realize that is a) insane and 2) beyond uncharitable.

.... realizing and admitting to myself that my pathetic excuse for a prayer life that I began from Mother's Rule of Life (some little morning prayers from my Mama Prayer Book & reading the daily readings) is completely shot to heck since we moved. Fortunately, Johnny's bedtime prayers are still firmly intact, which must indeed be my saving grace.

.... realizing that much of my mood would be improved and my patience would increase exponentially if said prayer life was back on track. Thus, I am resolving to begin again TOMORROW.

.... needing to pray more and more in all the moments of the day and starting LOVING in the little things. Little things done in love are sanctifying. St. Therese, help me to love in the little things....

7 comments:

  1. Can I just say... I completely understand. My heart is right there with yours.

    Oh, and by the way, I always took pregnancy tests WAY early because I couldn't HANDLE the not knowing. It drove me batty.

    I hope it is what you hope it is :)

    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww, thanks. like i said, kinda sheepish about admitting it. luckily, i only buy my p-tests at the dollar store, so i justify it to myself that its not like i'm wasting the millions of dollars i would be if i got them at Target! :-p however, we are out of town, so i don't have any handy at the moment! :-p

    that being said, having someone like you who REALLY understands, say they understand, makes it suck just a little less. so thanks for listening to me ramble :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read your blog posts Lina. :) Know that there's a crunchy Catholic right here willing to be a listening ear, even if I don't understand all the trials of married life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh claire, thanks, honey, that means a lot :) you might not be married, but the faith perspective is really what is most important!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay, so I am not Catholic (but am believing AND faithful :), only kinda crunchy, and don't know what it is like to have a husband away for soooo long ~ but I still sympathize/empathize, have a good ear for listening, and I totally get the noisy, nosey people when it comes to parenting/bedtime, etc! Give a call any time.

    ps. I read your blog. Oh and dollar store tests are the same ones that doctors use so waste away because you are saving at least $7 by buying them instead of the other brands (I figure that gives you 7 trials before even 1 is actually wasted!) And good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sara- i totally hear you on the pregnancy tests!! my good friend, nfp teacher and doula is who turned me on to them, and explained that they are definitely all the same, so why waste the money?? :)

    and thanks for your sympathetic ear, that means so much to me :) believing and faithful are definitely good too! :-p and hey, you do cloth diapers, so crunch away :-p


    btw, this is so funny, since i had no idea you guys read this....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just started reading tonight...
    I was thinking how right your friend was about the dollar store pregnancy tests... and then I realized that she is me. I'm a little slow sometimes. I have used 2 tests in the last two weeks. MAS is only 6 mos. old, and the other two it took 14 mos. for fertility to return. Of course I have one more test stashed under the sink. : ) No need to be logical about this type of thing.
    I'm not really anonymous, I just couldn't get it to post my name (Jane) or even "wannabeasaint"

    ReplyDelete

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!