I've had so many thoughts swirling through my head lately, all day long, whenever I'm laying down to sleep, far from a keyboard.
And then, when I sit down and have a minute after the monkeys are all unconscious, I'm blank. Empty as a tin pail, nothing clever.
Our lives have just been so.... busy. So full, of minute to minute minutia, that I suppose, by the end of the day, when I sit down to vegetate on Facebook or watch some borrowed Big Bang (from the beloved Nettacow), my higher brain functioning skills are shot to heck in a hand basket.
That or the fleas are slowly driving me mad.
Oh whats, that, you say? Yes, you heard right.
Fleas.
$%(^U{_$)(%$_%
That about sums up my reaction. After Frontline and now Revolution, the cats don't seem to have any but I keep finding them in the house. Leia would only have a couple on her plus lots of flea dirt and Han Solo never had any to speak of with the Frontline, but I got the Revolution b/c Leia's just wouldn't quit. And of course, poor Han now just has a bare spot of fur on his neck, probably from over-application of flea medication.
Sorry, kitty, mama is all natural until it involves insects- then I'm all KILL THEM ALL. KILL THEIR MOTHERS, KILL THEIR FATHERS, NUKE 'EM DEAD
Ahem.
So, meanwhile, in the house, my boys have what I think are bites - little red bumps that keep popping up. I've washed sheets, I've vacuumed 800 times, but I still see them jumping here or there. I feel like I'm losing my mind, every tiny brush of air on my skin and I'm immediately WHEREISTHEFLEAGETITGETITGEIT. I'm starting to develop a twitch.
Thanks to Amazon Prime, I have some diatomaceous earth coming tomorrow, praise the heavens above (ps. Dear Lord Above, why did you make fleas. Why). Basically, if you haven't heard of it (which was me until yesterday when I clicked buynow on Amazon), its powderized fossils of somethingsomething that are tiny particles safe for people and pets, but sharp like daggers of death to fleas and a long list of terrifying insects, that cuts up them in a million pieces like the evil things they are amen.
So, hopefully, by Friday, I'm flea-less.
However, it has gone nicely with the other plague in our house right now - pink eye. (My poor sons. Pink eyes and pink bug bite spots, and often with no pants on when we're home. We've taken poor white trash to a whole new level.) I tried getting them into the doctors Monday but we had another appointment in the morning, so I just thought I'd try breastmilk to tide enough over until urgent care.
And, then, lo and behold. They started getting better.
I know, right? I mean, I've always known breastmilk could treat conjunctivitis and I've told plenty of mamas to use it on their own kids, but never had cause to try it myself.
I'm a believer, I tell you. Believer!
Of course, I've been praying hard, *I* don't get it, since I can't put it in my own eye. True story.
Truth be told, it wasn't that bad of a case for either one, which makes me think it was viral rather than bacterial, but three cheers for breastmilk. Feeding one kid, disinfecting two others. Its almost as multipurpose as apple cider vinegar!
So, back on task, yes. Busy lives. Fleas and pinkeye were new in the last two to three days, fortunately, but the rest of the last few husbandless weeks have been rather full as well with getting school done most days, some fun local "People in My Neighborhood" field trips, and various errands. Nothing terribly exciting, terribly earth shattering, but often mind exhausting.
I have a quote of Mother Seton's I use every year in our family photo album I make on Shutterfly - "Remember Pilgrim, there are no roads. Roads are made by walking."
I feel as though I'm in a stage of mothering and family life, particularly with Mr. 1st Lt. away, where there is a lot of plodding. Plodding down the road, stop and camp for nite, pack up the bags and strap on the baby and plod some more.
Not in a negative sense, or a complaining way, just in a ...... plodding sort of way. Heaven knows I don't long for more "interesting times." But perhaps its easy to get caught up in the mundane of it all and fail to see the bigger picture. To fail, even, to see the *little* pictures right in front of me. The moments of grace, the moments where gratitude is required.
Holy Spirit, open my eyes on the road. Help me lift my graze from my feet and keep them focused on the destination. Amen.
Wednesday, August 28, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Its true, comments make my day :)
Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.
This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!
Uncharitable comments will be deleted!