Sunday, February 10, 2013

One Whole Hand




My baby turns five today.



At about 11 oclock tonite, he will have been a part of our family for five whole years.



Five!! So many fingers! Just yesterday I was nursing him all night long, helping him  take first steps, wondering if he would ever start to talk and praying he and I would survive being three.


Now, my handsome, sweet, smart, challenging, hysterical, character of a little man - you're almost ready to start kindergarten.  Practically real school.  You sound out words during reading lessons, you build legos, you love Star Wars and super heroes and are mostly best buds with your little brother.



You're no angel, but you have the makings of a saint - love of God and Mary, thoughtfulness for others, empathy for others happiness and sadness and a big, big heart with a saucy smile.



I love you more than words can say, even when I'm upset with you.  Never forget my son, that you were the first - you taught me how to mother and you teach me more about myself everyday.  I'm excited to hold your hand, and eventually step back, as you change and grow these next five years and beyond.

Happy Birthday Mi'jo, may the Force be with you and may Our Lady guard your heart :)

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to a sweet boy! We were so sorry we missed the party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. he is still so cute I can't stand it. FIVE. FAINT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe he is 5! Time is just going too fast!!I hope he had a fabulous birthday! (Oh, and you, too! You were the one who did all the hard work that day).

    ReplyDelete

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!