Friday, January 27, 2012

The Beauty of Block Leave


One thing the Army does right (one of the few, I should say) is block leave.

After a deployment, soldiers have up to thirty days leave to spend relaxing, readjusting and reacquainting themselves with family.

We have [mostly] loved every minute of it and spent time just being with one another.

Until four days before I had LASIK and realized I couldn't go in public pools for a long time after, so we better get in our trip to Great Wolf Lodge indoor water park right quick.

So, 11:00pm on a Sunday, we booked our stay and Monday morning after breakfast set off.

I don't know who had more fun, the kids or the parents.



Ready to par-tay!

last picture of me in classes - 20 years and i don't miss a minute!


Sigh. Typical. so so typical.


Off to storytime and snow in the lobby!

Ready for swimmin!



Hold my hand! Now!

Ahwwoooooo



The "face"




The best he's got

3 comments:

  1. Looks like an awesome getaway! Glad to hear your block leave's been good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! Glad y'all are enjoying the leave time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww so fun!! Glad you guys had time together!!

    ReplyDelete

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!