Not that I would know actually, since I spent the entire. Mass. holding a certain 13 month old in the back, alternating between the not soundproof vestibule and the literal outside as he cried and cried like a newborn, and the bathroom where a certain almost 4 year old decided that he had to go potty RIGHT NOW. You know, the kind of Mass where you're not even sure whether you fulfilled your obligation? Fighting the good fight and all that.
But, from what I heard through the glass, the new Translation was awesome!
Anyways, its Advent time, and we're lighting candles tonight, with maybe some Charlie Brown if this sick Mama feels better and doesn't need a 4PM bedtime to keep from giving away her children.
Here are some Advent links around the neighborhood for liturgical celebrating ideas!
If you're interested in some "organization" to your Advent with littles, check out the world famous and totally awesome O Night Divine blog, full of awesome Advent ideas and plans, including a daily Advent Alphabet that we are doing.
Here is a link to our own St. Nicholas traditions and our gifts of three, just like the Wise Men, here in our domestic church.
We celebrate St. Nicholas Day as our chief gift-giving holiday within our little domestic church. In addition, we do gifts a little differently - gifts of 3, just like the Wise Men!
Check here for some of our Advent/Christmas books that will be making their way into our Advent Alphabet. Also, wow, that post is old. I might do an update on that soon.

I still need to put out our Advent Calendar on the wall and Fontanini Advent Calendar as well. The Jesse Tree starts tonight, which I am most excited about, honestly, although a bit worried about little hands!
This year, we're [attempting to] participating in the Holy Heroes Advent Adventure. It might be a little too old for the Boyo, but he loves "using the Computer" and they pray a decade of the rosary each day, as well as have printables and talk about the Jesse Tree, so we'll give it a go and see!
Lastly, the feast of St. Andrew is on Wednesday, which marks the beginning of the Christmas Novena for special intentions. The goal is pray it fifteen times a day (which translates, for me, to whenever I'm thinking about it), and I'm sure everyone can guess our special intention!
Hail and blessed be the hour and moment in which the Son of God was born of the most pure Virgin Mary, at midnight, in Bethlehem, in piercing cold. In that hour, vouchsafe, O my God! to hear my prayer and grant my desires, through the merits of Our Saviour Jesus Christ, and of His Blessed Mother. Amen.
So a happy, fruitful holy Advent to all! What are others up to this liturgical season? What are your plans and traditions? Please share!


Heck, i was tickled pink that the 0930 MPC service actually sang "Oh Come, Oh Come Emmanuel" this time! The last two years they have NOT sung it during Advent (the pianist couldn't play it because he played by ear).
ReplyDeleteLove your ideas! I'm going to have to steal some of them!
Critique... you might want to change the color of your font letters to white or cream... the dark purple background with black lettering is very difficult to read (don't know if the dark purple is just my computer or not so just stick your tongue out at me and call me a dork if I'm just hallucinating) :)
thanks so much for being on the ball with so much in terms of the Church year. You really are an inspiration to many to help keep us focused.
The new translation is awesome. I got to pray the new translation of the Roman Canon twice today, it is so much more beautiful then the old translation. Though it is going to take me a while before I will be able to say any of the prayers without the book again.
ReplyDeleteso sorry you aren't feeling well Mama! Praying for you xoxox
ReplyDelete