At the end of every little unit of the breastfeeding counselor course I'm taking, there is a "Summary Task" that is for your own benefit and you don't have to turn in. Thus far, that has translated as "I don't have to do it."
What? I have two kids, a deployed husband and no time to "keep a journal for a week." Facebook and this blog will just have to do!
Anyways, I've actually started the breastfeeding specific part of the course and the first summary task - the anatomy/physiology of breastfeeding and milk vs formula presentation - struck me as something that will be super useful to have.
So I made "pretend" handouts.
These are geared toward high school students (per the assignment), so even though I plan to use these in the future, I've tried to simplify. Since, for some reason, I'm sure not every pregnant couple is dying to know the ins and outs of lactogenesis stage 1 and 2 or cortisol vs human placental lactogen.
Losers, right?
Anyways, here they are. Feel free to comment on good things, bad things, confusing things, etc.



Also, if you steal these from me, I will cut you. However, if you steal these from me and then give me credit slash link to me, I will be your friend. *Hugs*


I would put those two comments of how breast milk is always available, etc and free, up front at the top. It'll catch the attention of the target audience. It can easily transition into "Not only is it always available and always free, but here's why it's best."
ReplyDeleteReverse the description of "month to month, week to week, day to day" so it's translated easier when you go into the three "stages" of breast milk.
I can see the first page but the other two are blurry when I try to enlarge it. But from what I can see, it looks simple and gives just the right amount of information so a new mom or couple wouldn't be afraid to at least try breastfeeding.
Wow, pretty darn informative.
ReplyDeleteI really only needed to hear the last section on the first page...It's Free free free! I am glad you emphasized it by putting free three times!
They look good! I was only able to read the first one (the other two were too small when I clicked on them). Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteHiya! If you don't mind me asking, what school or organization are you getting certified through? I've always been interested in becoming a lactation consultant.
ReplyDeleteChildbirth International. I tried to email you but you dont have it enabled!
ReplyDelete