... that I'm using this as an excuse to continue not "real" blogging.
... deployments suck. 'Nuf said.
... Jillian Michaels is the devil. And she made me injure my ankle. This is why I don't exercise, people: I get hurt!
... that seriously, though, the woman is insanely irritating. And everytime I listen to her irritating comments and look at her irritatingly un-shirted self, I get more irritated by remembering how she doesn't want to have children because they will quote ruin her body quote. Eat it, Jillian, eat it. Also? Fix my ankle.
... that some days its hard to love a toddler. But when I do (and when I get away for a few hours to go talk about cloth diapers and homebirths with crazy crunchy mamas because my sister is awesome and babysits and then return), the hugs and snuggles make it worth it.
... that my "toddler" is almost a "pre-schooler."
... that if I even *think* about the fact that my baby is almost a toddler, my heart might explode. So sshhhh.
... that some nights its hard to love a baby. The bed is for sleeping, not playing, son. S-l-e-e-p-i-n-g. Figure. it. out.
.... that I am really enjoying working on this breastfeeding counselor cert. I could seriously talk about this stuff all day long. Also? I'm kind of a huge dork.
.... that people who tell you deployments fly by are on some kind of drugs. Or something. The days are long, the nights are long, the weeks are long. Its long. Looooooong.
... that filling the time definitely helps though. Seeing my parents, my midwife is having an open house, a mama/baby clothing swap, La Leche League latch event and hopefully a Priceline sponsored beach trip with friends will see me through the end of August.
... that having my sister here has made the difference between crying and laughing, lonely and bearable, insanity and semi-normalcy.
... that, at the same time, I can't exactly speak for her sanity....
Stolen from Sally at Exploits of a Military Mama
Saturday, June 25, 2011
I Believe...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Hey now, don't be so hard on those trying to offer you advice on how to make deployment time fly by. They've obviously got experience and wallowing in pity pools doesn't help. I know I personally speak from experience on that one. Trust them and I'm sorry if I've offended you some how with my own offering of advice.
ReplyDeleteYour classes and activities with cloth diapers, mama stuff and your midwife/ breastfeeding sound AWESOME!!!! Wish I could attend some of your classes. Maybe I'll be able to get some time to do it soon. I just helped a mama from our unit with cloth diapers and it was like your cloth 101 class. So wonderful to help a mama see everything there is to offer!
You're an awesome woman, mama! :) :) {{hugs}}
its not exactly the same, but people say residency flies by too -- um... FIVE MORE YEARS PEOPLE. My BABY will be a FIRST GRADER by the time we are done. In my book that = ONE MILLION YEARS.
ReplyDeleteAlso, you have an awesome sister.
Lastly, I wish I could go to the LLL beach trip :(
I don't think you're being unkind on anyone. Deployments DO NOT fly by for most, and suggesting that they do is belittling how you feel. They're hard. They're exhausting. They're long. And you're allowed to feel a little sorry for yourself.
ReplyDeleteSometimes it feels like I just left yesterday. Other days it's like a thousand years ago. Over here, they call it the "Groundhog Effect." Some sort of deployment vortex of time. All I know for sure is that 9 times out of 10, spouses back home have it way, way harder than us overseas. Hence, why you're my hero :-) Love you!!
ReplyDelete@ Sally - thanks for the support :) But i know Dirtdart in real life so i know what she means - its ok, promise :)
ReplyDeletethat being said, she's had about 30 deployments, so maybe it really does get not *as* awful? she's a rockstar, really!