Monday, June 13, 2011

PreSchool Success

While you've been busy entering all these lovely giveaways, we've been busy trying to cope with the deployment [and failing], getting sick and trying to get better [and failing], desperately praying for seconds more of sleep [and being told "No"], and starting our little pre-school endeavor.

And, honestly? Not doing too bad.

I know, right? After all those fails, you thought you knew what was coming.

Nevertheless, we've finished "A" and "B" week and have done rather well, sponsored by Catholic Icing and Before Five in a Row.

Catholic ABC's

My budding academic has really taken to the Good Shepherd lesson and loves the Letter of the Week grab bag.


B week was a bit slow because my friend (and yours!) Mr. Mastitis stopped in and then lingered like yesterday's trash, but he still got to practice the letters a bit.

I was getting frustrated with how much trouble he was having making "B"s compared to his Easy As until I realized A) He's 3, relax. and 2) Duh. "B" is uber more complicated to write. Oh and C) "C" week should be a breeze because its the same upper and lowercase and its just a curve.

So eat it, Letter "B"! Besides, priests don't really need to be able to write the letter "B" anyways. Its probably the least holy of all the letters.

And, because its my blog and I can do obnoxious things like brag about my child, here is my son's first freehand letter composition, with no pencil help or anything. *Sniff* Seriously, when he did this, I was so proud I literally almost cried.



Of course, being near constant tears at any given moment makes pretty much all occasions cry-worthy.

That not withstanding, I was still terribly proud!

3 comments:

  1. His written A is very exciting! :) I'll have to bother you (or reread through your blog entries) next year when Andrew's 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't even worry about bragging!! When my oldest came kinda, sorta, in a round-about-sorta-way, wrote her name when she was two, I framed that sucker! :)

    You're not failing at the deployment. You just got started. Would you like to come for dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How the heck are you working in such academic lessons? You are sleepless, are handling a crawler, and are teaching your kid letters!? Yikes you are amazing. My son is lucky if he gets pants on in the morning!

    ReplyDelete

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!