Friday, May 27, 2011

At Least My Kids Are Still Cute


While I'm trying to figure things out these days and learn what our "new normal" is - embracing the suck, as they say - I'm trying to remember to still enjoy my children.



You know, instead of constantly crying/yelling/throwing up my hands at them.



Not, of course, that I would ever do any of those things.



Ever.

I just keep trying to breathe in and out before I snap at the 80 millionth time at my toddler and I'm trying to walk away for a minute every time the baby's meltdowns send me over the edge.

And, at the same time, I'm trying to remember Mt6:34 because I keep getting *so* overwhelmed with the idea of ohmigoshhowiamgoingtokeepdoingthisdayafterdayafterdayforsevenmoremonthsimightjustdie every time I do every little thing but I don't need to get through the whole deployment today. I just need to finish *today* today.

And that will be enough.



One blessed day at a time.

3 comments:

  1. Cute Kiddos. Reminds me of my own.
    My youngest is the exact same age (to the day) as your 2nd Lieutenant. And my oldest is just a little bit younger than 1st Lieutenant It is fun to see how much they are alike.
    Check out my blog (even though it is cooking there is a picture of us):
    http://justasmidgenoflove.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. a good reminder for all of us Lina, a good reminder for all of us

    ReplyDelete
  3. look at the chubs on that boy!! You also have your bloggy friends mama!

    ReplyDelete

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!