Monday, March 7, 2011

New Patrons

Happy Feast of St.s Felicitas and Perpetua!



I am dying to name my new breastfeeding counseling services after these model women. Perpetua, a Roman noblewoman, was newly married with a nursing infant son while Felicity was her slave and 8 months pregnant at the time of her arrest; both were martyred for their faith in Carthage in 202 AD.

Two things about these women inspire me (apart, obviously from their deep and unwavering love of God in the face of torture and death) - Felicity's service to Perpetua, particularly in care of her son, and her concern for her baby, that she might be raised well after her death; Perpetua's only concern once arrested was who would care for and nurse her infant boy.

These women loved their children dearly and wanted the best for them, that they might know some things, like faith, are worth dying for. In addition, they supported one another as women, even while in jail, comforting one another and helping each other.

What better patrons could a service designed to help women be the best mamas they can be ask for?

Thus, I want to call my new little business:

FelicitasPerpetua Breastfeeding Services
Women Serving Women


Here's the problem - my husband (and sister) think its too long, wordy, etc. Well, the 2nd line is our motto, just to clarify. But.... I don't think its too long. I like it.

So, opinions needed! (required! demanded! begged for!) Thoughts on the name? Ideas for how to change it to still incorporate both? Is PerpetuaFelicitas better? Breastfeeding Counseling?

Please, help!

5 comments:

  1. How about separating the names? Perpetua & Felicitas (or vice versa, but I think more people would recognize the name Perpetua). Then at least you (or others) can abbreviate it P&F, which would be easier for a logo too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i thought that originally but hubby still didn't like. i like P&F a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second P&F Breastfeeding Services - Women Serving Women Serving God?

    That's kind of long, too! Still a wonderful idea, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i do like the serving God part but don't want non Christians to feel like this is a Christian only service....

    but I think everyone's P&F suggestion is a pretty good one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, good call. I've somehow managed to surround myself with only Catholics so I forget things like this. The protected little world a stay-at-home mom can build! Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!