Although people have begun associating this day with gluttony and wanton, lewd acts ala New Orleans, in reality, its supposed to be one last feast and hurrah before Ash Wednesday tomorrow!So party hearty! (Just not too hearty - finding confession before Mass tomorrow might be challenging!) Eat some pancakes, dougnuts and bacon. Wear some beads and get your lenten ducks in a row because....

It's time to bury the Alleluia tomorrow.
Oh Man, am I going to miss it...
See you in 40 days Mr. A! :)
Here is a great link with Lent Q&A as well as lots of good tips. Enjoy your fast!


I already HAVE been hurrah-ing - I'm giving up white sugar (gah!) and partook in a carton of ice cream in a rather short span of days. I'm actually hoping to come out on the other side of Easter not eating such foods really at all, so I was thinking of it as a last farwell...
ReplyDeleteI'm gonna miss Mr. A and his close relative Mr. H! But then I'll just be singing it 10x as loud on Easter, so let's go, Lent.
ReplyDelete