Dear Baby Center Sleep Article,
You are full of bologna. Dropping night feedings at three months? Night weaning at six months? Sleeping through the night? Most babies? What planet do you live on writer of this article? Do you have babies? Have you met a baby?
Incredulous,
Mama to two
><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+
Dear Cylons who replace my baby during car trips,
I don't like you. You are loud and painful and full of screaming. Please give me my happy baby back in the car.
Thanks,
Driving all the time Mama
><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+
Dear Upcoming Deployment,
I hate you. You're not even here yet and you already suck.
Argh,
Army Wife
CC: Eight Day Field Exercise later this month
><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+
Dear 3 mo old baby boy,
You are adorable and I love you so very much. But please, stop breaking your mama's heart and trying to roll over already! You are only twelve weeks old! Rolling over is for big strapping lads of seven or eight months. Wait a little, k?
Kisses and snuggles,
your Mama
><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+
Dear Christmas decorations,
Sigh. I know, I know, I hate this time of year as well. We were just getting so cozy together. But, my friends, the feast of the Baptism has past and its time. You must come down. Might you like to get yourself started?
Until next Advent,
Crunchy Catholic
><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+
Dear Toy Story 3,
Welcome to our home. You are an excellent, cleverly written and well acted film.
But?
Your best feature?
The fact that I now don't have to watch Toy Story and Toy Story 2 nearly so often.
A Grateful Toddler Mama
><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+><>+
Dear Man Empties My Dishwasher,
I cannot thank you enough. And, I fall a little more in love with you everytime you do it.
Smooches,
Your Wife
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Love it!
ReplyDeleteBtw, my captcha word was "coadoun". Sounds like something out of Lord of the Rings.
I rant about Babycentre, too. Oh, and rolling over at 3 months sounds great to me. LOL C rolled over at 1 week, but thankfully slowed down a little after that. Of course, now she's trying to figure out how to walk.
ReplyDeleteLove them all! I unsubscribed after realizing how Baby Center emails could insidiously influence me (a la Maggie's recent post on the same email that you're complaining about! http://eafromtheheart.blogspot.com/2011/01/wondering-wednesdays-vol-18-baby-sleep.html). And I also love that my husband empties the dishwasher each morning! That is the best!
ReplyDeleteNot to brag... but Danny was doing 5 - 6 hours at 2 months...... most nights now he makes it from 8 - 6. But for work nights I wake him up at 11 when I go to bed to guarantee that I get to sleep until 6 before work.
ReplyDeleteAnd rolling over... he's been rolling to the right since like 2 weeks, but Thanksgiving or so he's been consistently rolling both sides. Doctor (went this morning) thinks crawling is like 2 weeks away... craziness!
My little one rolled at 12 weeks. I thought it was a fluke but sure enough, she knew were she wanted to go. And now she's walking and she's not even a year.
ReplyDeleteGlad I'm not the only one that has a car-screamer. Not for the sake of your ears though. It hurts. I used an iPod. :)
Deployments are easier when you have deployment buddies. :)
And I hate BabyCenter. Than again, I just learned of the new baby feeding vogue... exclusive pumping. It's not just for mom's with nipple problems or logging long hours at the office moms anymore.
wait, what?? people excluslively pump ON PURPOSE?!?! what the heck!
ReplyDeletecome be my deployment buddy :-p
Loved this post. My oldest rolled from stomach to back around 4 months, and my youngest just days before 4 months and then the other direction three days later. I also love the letter to Baby Center. I too love when my husband unloads the dishwasher, although I love it even more when I finds that he loaded and started it ;-).
ReplyDelete