Saturday, January 1, 2011

Our Iron Anniversary

Six years ago tonight, I was doing this:

and a little of this:


Across town, Mr. 2nd Lt. was doing this:
Holy snap. That was six years ago. Did you know that means we've been married for two hands worth of years?
Everyone always talks about how the first year of marriage is the hardest. I remember how we kept looking at each other during that first year and asking, "when does the hard part start?"

We go together like peas and carrots, my husband and I, and while our life is never entirely peaches and cream, we definitely have millions more happy moments than terrible ones.
The sacrament of marriage has truly been my life's biggest blessing. My husband helps me to be a better person [most of the time] and has taught me time and time again how to put myself last and others first with his truly inspiring example. He does a job he doesn't care for too much so I can do a job I love and he really is my best friend.

((gag))


Seriously though, I love this guy. And, we make cute people ((points at sidebar pictures)). What more could I ask for?

So here's to us, honey. Here's to a new year of our family, no matter what the Army is going to be throwing our way. Here's to you, me and our little domestic church, fighting the good fight and loving in the little things, one day at a time.

PS. How cool of a feast is our anniversary, right? I really, really love how we managed to get married on a Holy Day (the only time removing the obligation ever worked in someone's favor, eh?). Today is the Solemnity of Mary, the Mother of God and the last day of the Christmas octave.

I am absolutely positively giving her all the credit for my husband's conversion. What choice did a mother have six years ago but to give her newest son straight to His Most Sacred Heart?

So thanks Mama Amen (as the Boyo calls her) and please continue to bless our little family and intercede on our behalf.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! We celebrate six year also but not till July...what a special day you must have had! And what are your 'iron' gifts? I am very curious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, i would really like an iron tree topper but it has been hard to find... so we might end up with a much needed iron fruit basket (underneath an iron banana tree!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat post - happy anniversary & wishing you many, many more happy years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! I hope you guys have a great day together. Here's to so many more years together that you nearly lose count!

    ReplyDelete

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!