The first is getting organized about birthday and anniversary cards. I have a large family on my mother's side and I have been pretty terrible about being on top of sending cards. I have managed communion and confirmation gifts, as well as graduation, but I really want to be able to send out birthday, etc. cards every month.Of course, I wish they could have some money in them, but.... I do need to get a copy of all our family's dates. Somehow, I never got the cool fridge magnet that everyone else has so I guess I'll be mooching off my mom.
Secondly, I am stretching my crunchy wings a bit and going shampoo-less. I have been really interested to try this because I have some icky scalp issues and already only wash once a week. I've been using California Baby shampoo, and its better than most stuff, but still, with the scalp and whatnot.So, once another crunchy blogger took the plunge, I decided it was only a matter of time. And, then, my sister started doing it and I will not be outcrunched. Not to mention, it is so cheap its practically free; baking soda and apple cider vinegar are super inexpensive. I've already done it one time and was super pleased with the results.
Oh, and I guess I lied, since this is my third thing. I have promised and promised and promised myself to start praying the Angelus.And I haven't.
Shame on me.
So, 2011, you are the year I will begin doing this, for my children's sake, if not my own.
As I off to program my phone alarm to remind me to pray this at noon, you are welcome to share things you're trying for this new year!


LOL, I just totally wrote about that this week too! The shampoo free part, I mean.
ReplyDeleteI didn't like the baking soda route, but I used lemon juice instead of apple cider vinegar, so maybe I should try that. Hmmm.
ReplyDeleteOh, I want to hear more about going shampoo-free once you've done it for a while! We toyed with the idea but it hasn't happened yet.
ReplyDeleteAnd while I don't send cards to extended family (just grandparents, parents, and brothers), I find it really helpful to have all the dates saved on my google calendar. That way I don't have to rewrite them into my planner each year (though I usually do anyway) and I get sent automatic reminders enough in advance to get a card out.
Happy New Year!
oooh, automatic reminders?!? that sounds like something i need!
ReplyDeleteI had never heard of baking soda as shampoo, but you sparked my curiousity and I tried it yesterday. The results were impressive. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteWe've decided to de-clutter. From all the moves we have made, we rarely get completely unpacked, and seem to accumulate stuff. So, my husband and I have started working on de-cluttering. If we haven't used it in the past three moves, or don't see us using it again soon enough to be worth keeping, off to Goodwill it goes.
ReplyDeleteI've thought about the baking soda shampoo (no poo method) and I'm tempted to try it, I just haven't gotten brave enough yet. I'd likely start on a weekend, since I hear that hair goes through a greasy phase during the transition.