Friday, November 5, 2010

Postpartum I Believe...


... that hormones make me bake. A lot. Unfortunately, not cook dinner.

... that friends bringing meals is one of life's biggest, most appreciated blessings. Its so practical and yet so incredibly helpful.

... that the last ten pounds of Pumpkin weight aren't going to be encouraged to leave if I continue with my frantic baking.

... that breastfeeding is natural, normal and not creepy, even in public.

... that sleep deprivation is far and away the hardest part of mothering. The tears, the poop, the impatience, the naughtiest naughty pales in comparison.

... that Our Lady of La Leche is quite possibly my favorite image of Mary.

... that swaddling seems to calm my son and I can't believe I didn't use it from day one (like I had planned). However, it did not result in more sleep last night - this saddens me.

... that I miss my husband.

... that I will get back to MCCW one day. Today was supposed to be the day and thus Satan conspired against me with all night, nonstop nursing, 3 peed through diapers, and two wet beds this morning. Sigh. Next week, we are out of town (hurray for no more pagan baby!), but the week after that I will be all over the MCCW meeting like white on rice.

... that I'm not doing too bad with my chore list, even though I have a one month old to juggle around. He lets me get stuff done as long as I hold him - hello, Moby Wrap!

... that there must be a cloth diaper that will work for nighttime for this super soaking child. How does a four week old make so. much. pee? BG, RaRaz, Kawaii and prefolds have all failed me. I believe that someone must have a workable suggestion!

... that I am so excited I could literally squeal to have a new friend make a custom nursing bra for me. A) I have a new friend; 2) she lives less than 10 minutes away; C) She not only sews but she is a former seamstress - ie. she actually knows how to sew (well!); and 4) She makes custom fitted bras for people, as a hobby! Oh and E) she has four cute kiddos who foolishly love my own Boyo - hello playmates! (and in a year or two, babysitters!).


What do you believe this week?

7 comments:

  1. I think it's Drybeez (sp?) that my friend said work really well for nighttime. We have a few Minky diapers that work for nighttime, but they'd be too bulky for your little one yet (they're bulky on my 7 month old).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a nighttime super soaker too and in the end huggies naturals work the best. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For diapers, I use Motherease. My little one is 8 weeks old and so far not a leak! The covers are the best. I use both the Sandy's and the one-size dipes, but I definitely prefer the cover with snaps vs. velcro. Just my 2 cents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmm... wet beds are NO GOOD! I used microfiber cloths with my Happy Heinys, but we didn't co-sleep (sigh), so I changed her diaper each time we got up to nurse. [and yes, the sleep deprivation is the cruelest thing ever.] Once she was on the cusp of sleeping through the night, I switched to 'sposies because I preferred sleep over - for ME - some badge of honor that I CD'ed at night.

    Holy wow - a CUSTOM FIT nursing bra? I would probably fall over from such delight. I wore my $8.88 Walmart specials until they fell apart because I couldn't find anything that worked.

    ReplyDelete
  5. emily - we have huggies naturals - superleaks!! (they were a gift)

    jenny - what kind of diaper are ME? Aio? fitted? are sandys a cover or diaper?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm trying to put a link to their website here:

    http://www.mother-ease.com/

    The Sandie's are a fitted diaper that needs a cover. I use the Air-flow covers and love them. They don't leak. They have an AIO, but I did not like it much. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Impatience ~ uggh, why oh why is it linked with exhaustion. It is like, not only am I exhausted, but now I feel bad for being impatient with my toddler who is, ummmm, yep still only 2!!!

    totally jealous of a talented sewing friend so close. I need to find one of these!!

    ReplyDelete

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!