Saturday, November 6, 2010

Baby, Its Your Birthday... Happy Birthday, Baby!

Remember back when the Simpsons was a good show? (yes, over 15 years ago) And Homer went to jail and met that crazy guy who thought he was Michael Jackson? And then he came home with Homer and helped Bart write a song for Lisa's birthday?

Well that's the tune to my title.

Because today is little Pumpkin's
One Month Birthday!


Ssshhh! Don't tell the SIDS police...

We can't believe its already been a whole month with our little foursome. Pumpkin is adorable and I can't give him enough kisses. Apparently, I also can't give him enough milk because he is over 9lbs now (if I do say so myself).

Unlike his brother, he actually seems to tolerate (enjoy?) tummy time and doesn't always want to nurse to sleep. He likes to be rocked and seems to need to "fuss" a bit before he will fall asleep. He enjoys being worn as much as his brother and likes to make his morning poop while in the sling (TMI much?) He pees like its going out of style and will actually sleep for stretches by himself (again, unlike his brother), if he's on his tummy (relax, relax. I only do it for nap times when I can check on him obsessively every 2 minutes). And, he lets his papa comfort him when he's fussing or tired, which has pleased Mr. 2nd Lt. very much, since he just assumed babies hated him until about 9 or 12 months.

His favorite things to do include watching the fan on our ceiling, sucking on Papa's finger and staring at his brother when he's being crazy (which is often), and "talking" back to us when we talk to him.

And? He smiled at me. Three times, for reals - none of that gas/sleepy smiles nonsense. However, he has yet to repeat those adorable little moments, so I am hoping this week results in more!

The Joys of a Family Bed


How far along were you when you had your baby? 39 weeks and 3 days.

How long was labor? about 4.5 hours - speed racer fast!

Total weight gain: 33 whopping pounds. I know, right? And I felt every one of them!

Total weight loss since: 23 pounds. Woot! Question mark? These last 10 seem to be not going anywhere fast. Baking like a mad woman I'm sure doesn't help....

Back into your own clothes yet? Sigh. Nothing with zippers, buttons or fitted waists, which is pretty limiting, especially since I need something nice to wear to Pumpkin's baptism next weekend... I need to try on my "fat" jeans again, but a few weeks ago, I zipped my skin they were so tight. Ouch!

Did you get stretch marks? Yes - surprise ones! Apparently, I had two little boogers hiding on the underside of my belly that I didn't see until after baby. My husband informs me that he knew about them all along.

Did you deliver vaginally or by c-section? In case you missed that story...

Best moment this week: Mama's first smile.

What I miss about being pregnant: Not peeing through his jammies three times a night.

How big is baby: He was 7 lbs 10 oz. at birth and at least 9 lbs something now. (We weighed him yesterday at 10lbs 6oz, but he was wearing clothes and a diaper, so I'm not sure how much to subtract...)

Baby's temperament? Hmmm... He was pretty mellow the first few weeks. The last week or so, he's been a little more... fussy. He likes to be worn or held, and we're working on making the swaddle magic translate into more sleep. Please, Lord in Heaven, help my child sleep!

What I am looking forward to: Sleep. My old clothes. My husband. Sleep. The baptism next weekend and seeing lots of family and friends. More sleep.

3 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Joey!

    Did you find a woombie? Have you tried white noise? Those two things worked wonders for us.

    "he lets his papa comfort him when he's fussing or tired" -- this is my husbands ultimate dream. Owen still will only be comforted by me, it breaks his heart. Poor daddies...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that Simpsons song! I sing it in my head a lot on someone's birthday...awww...I can't believe Joey is this old already! So is my god-daughter (who is also getting baptized next weekend.) So exciting! God bless...

    ReplyDelete

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!