I was so excited to review Christy Baldwin's newest devotional for crunchy Catholic children - Care for Creation.This lovely little book combines Scriptures with explanations about our duty to be good stewards with the earth and animals that God has created for us, as well as reminders about how to conserve, reuse and recycle. In addition, at the end of the book are discussion questions and activities for a bit older kiddos to try.
My one criticism is the use of NIV and "The Message" translations for the Scripture quotations. Obviously, I would like to see a Catholic translation used, but in particular the modern verbage of "The Message" is both grating and frankly, infantile. The same "message," forgive the pun, could be communicated effectively for children with an approved translation.
Nevertheless, I adore the idea of introducing young Christians to the importance of loving what God has made, especially for them. You can buy it online at Amazon in time to stuff it in a St. Nicholas Day stocking or even go over to the book's site to enter to win a free copy!
St. Francis, pray for us!


Thanks Lina for sharing CARE FOR CREATION with the readers of For Where E'er We Go. We appreciate your support of the book and for participating in the blog tour.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that you were excited to read the book and for recommending it as a great gift for this holiday season.
I love your profile pic of you and your son - very cute!
Best wishes,
Nicole
Tribute Books
Lina- Thanks for blogging a review of this book. I am so excited to hear that you liked it. I want to let your readers know that I am hosting a contest for all bloggers. Contact me at mandcbaldwin78@gmail.com with at least one idea of how you plan to use the book with your family or students and I will put your name in a drawing for a free autographed copy of the book.
ReplyDelete