
... in glitter nail polish. I used to not believe in nail polish while pregnant, but then, you know, he's the second child and all.... And, hopefully the fumes won't affect him too much.
... the kindness of strangers - especially when they're not strangers, per say, but a sister in Christ. Especially one who happens to be the mama of a now dear internet friend (whom you will one day meet IRL), finds out you live near her, and are pregnant, and then gets your phone number and calls you to arrange a time to give you not one, but two, meals to have once the baby comes and then drives out of her way to meet you to drop them off. If that isn't one of the most perfect examples of feeding the hungry (and maybe even visiting the sick!) I've ever heard of or experienced, I don't know what is!
... in "doing unto others" and am eagerly looking forward to blessing someone else with such a wonderful gift as Kira's mom gave us.
... in freshly churned frozen custard. Need I say more?
... in celebrating Feast Days like they're going out of style - who is excited for Archangels on Wednesday (Angel Food Cake!) ? And St. Therese on Friday (Roses!) ? And Guardian Angels on Saturday (something...) ? And St. Francis on Monday (Blessing of the Pets!) ? Weeeeeeee!
... that fall has arrived if Mr. 2nd Lt. is now officially wearing the banana pajama pants.
... that false labor can kiss my rump. Especially false labor that only happens all. night. long.
... that false labor will be all forgiven if it means actual labor will be 10 minutes or less, since all the hard work had been done previously. Did you hear that uterus? I'm willing to compromise!
... that I need a massage. Last pregnancy, I had one (the most amazing,mind-blowing, two hour, and totally free [thanks to working with the girl who did them] massage ever.) a few days before labor and it was a little slice of heaven.
... that massages aren't really in the budget, so a hot bubble bath sounds good enough.
... that Buzz Lightyear has become my son's best friend.
... there is nothing as wonderful as Mass and Sundays with our little family.


having people bring meals is a god-send! (especially yummy ones with the recipe included)
ReplyDeleteI boycott glitter polish because getting if off is a total PAIN.
OMG the pregnancy massage - nothing has ever felt better. Ours was a gift from the in-laws, def not in the budget either.
I pray for a quick and blissful labor for you - squeeee! He's coming soon! Uh and so are all those oooey gooey emotions flooding over your new tiny cub. *LOVE*