Here's the thing - this trimester? Ends with the baby.
Gulp!

How far along? 28 weeks - hello trimester three!
How big is baby? 2.25 lbs and almost 15 inches long - thats almost birth length!
Total weight gain/loss: umm.. as of 24 weeks, it was +9lbs. Gack.
Maternity clothes? Shirts and dresses definitely now fit. Fast approaching truck-like proportions.
Stretch marks? Haven't found any.... yet?
Sleep: I'm grateful for two hour blocks. Lots of rolling, tossing, turning, shifting, peeing and hot flashes.
Best moment this week: When a random woman at Joann Fabrics asked me if we knew what we were having:
I said, "yes - another boy!"
She said, "oh I am so sorry."
Then, I kicked her in the shin.
No, jk, I just smiled and said serenely (as I corralled Johnny in the cart - actually, he was being pretty good) - "We're not! We're very excited for a little brother!" [and good thing my two year old doesn't understand you just belittled his masculine existence.]
She said, "Every woman should have a daughter."
I said, "Oh, there's plenty of time for that!" [Its not like after two, your uterus falls out!]
She said, "Oh I could never have more than one."
I thought, "Well.... it would be uncharitable of me to continue in this train of thought in which I explain how you seem to hate boy children and thus, yes, it would be sad if you were so blessed as to have one so, I will smile and walk away."
What is with some people? Eesh!
Movement: Seems to be getting higher, but still low down. How are you lying baby? Don't get comfortable transverse now!
Food cravings: I-talian.
Gender: Baby Brother
Labor Signs: Brax.ton. Hicks. Ugh.
Belly Button in or out? points to the left. I totally have an offcenter stomach (again?).
What I miss: Not having Charlie Horses in the middle of the night. Ever tried to jump out of bed 28 weeks pregnant with 6 pillows around you?
What I am looking forward to: Midwife appointment next week!!


Gah those Charkie horses!
ReplyDeleteJoAnn Fabrics, haven't been in a while...maybe I should. I love fabric!
I CANNOT believe that lady said that to you!! I think all the time about having another and how I'd love to have another little boy to snuggle. Good thing too because my husbands side of the fam hasn't produced a girl in four generations!
ReplyDeleteWhen I am pregnant I have NO FILTER, that lady would have been toast. I envy your poise.
Sounds like life is so good right now! And yes! A baby at the end... Hooray!
ReplyDeleteJo-Ann fabrics lady needs to check her priorities. They are askew.