Back when I was figuring out the boys' "room" decor, I wanted something that was boyish but not obnoxiously little kid, since the bed (which is a queen) would also be for guests. So, off to Ross I trotted and bought two sheet sets of navy blue microwhatever and cut them up to make two pillow shams and a comforter. Then, a month ago, while procrastinating turning the coordination fabric into a bedskirt, I realized if I just cut the elastic out of the fitted queen sheet, it makes the perfect bedskit and wah-la! Problem solved.
I also threw together a haphazard curtain while we were at Ft. Gordon because his room was getting direct light and in this house? Its all about "how late can you make them sleep." Alas, alack, when we arrived here, the curtain was both too short and too narrow for his double window.
Enter cute, adorable baseball print from Joann Fabrics:
I had to make two thinner panels for the sides, but I think it turned out a-ok. Also spring rods from the PX. I have two more waiting to hang curtains in the office and playroom as soon as I figure out some fabrics.
And, it coordinates with the Red Sox tin print that Mr. 2nd Lt. begged me to buy at AC Moore (like a little kid - it was so cute.)
And, we finally got a couch - under budget and exactly what I wanted (red and sectional), thanks to Bargain Depot. I'm a little in love and more than a little OCD about cats and dirty toddlers touching it. I'm working on detachment, can you tell?


So, we still need to hang those pictures on the floor there, figure out some more chairs and/or a new kitchen table situation (we have two, one of which has Boyo's highchair on it), and some wall art for the massive living room wall. Oh, and a shelf/table/family altar situation for the chapel, in addition to sewing curtains for the playroom, office, chapel, living/dining/kitchen area - then, we will be done. Luckily, I have nothing but time!
So, we still need to hang those pictures on the floor there, figure out some more chairs and/or a new kitchen table situation (we have two, one of which has Boyo's highchair on it), and some wall art for the massive living room wall. Oh, and a shelf/table/family altar situation for the chapel, in addition to sewing curtains for the playroom, office, chapel, living/dining/kitchen area - then, we will be done. Luckily, I have nothing but time!


It's always nice to have the house decorated you you can "live" in it!
ReplyDeleteI'm thinking about changing out our livingroom curtains after payday!
Wow, that was fast finding that couch! Amazing! It looks great too. :)
ReplyDeleteyes, TOTAL randomness. or maybe st rita felt sorry for us? :-p
ReplyDeletewe've just been stopping here and there (as you know :-p) at furniture stores and BAM - cheap, red, fun, ours :)