Please tell me that I'm not being crazy and extravagant for desiring an upstairs vacuum and a downstairs vacuum.Is this the height of sloth?
Or just super practical?
We have stairs, y'all!
I mentioned it in passing to my husband (in passing, mind you, not, we must go buy another right. this. minute.).
He laughed in my face.


Not to take your husband's side... but I laughed, too! :)
ReplyDeletesigh.
ReplyDeleteLina, when we bought our vacuum it came with this mini-vacuum as well that isn't super powerful and you have to like constantly empty it, but I do keep that upstairs so that I don't have to lug the full-size one up and down so often. I do quick runs with the mini-one and then big clean-ups I get Pat to haul the big one upstairs for me.
ReplyDeleteWe also invested in a Roomba (one of the robotic circular vacuums that runs on its own, you can even set it to a schedule) that we rotate through the various levels of our house on a weekly basis which helps keep down the vacuuming needs.
Yes this sounds like a lot of vacuuming, but in case you have never noticed, my husband is basically the world's hairiest man and my own full head of hair sheds like crazy too... so even though we don't have pets..... there's a lot of hair around here!
ohmigosh, i want a roomba SO Bad. a friend had one (and the scuba, although she didn't recommend that one) in Cali and LOVED it.
ReplyDeleteBUT. its a bit out of our budget. alas.
and now, it doesn't sound like a lot of vacuuming! :) we have two cats and between them and normal foot traffic (and cheap rental carpet), my housekeeping plan includes twice a week vacuum. and it could pry use more!
i've thought about trying to convince him on a mini one but, i would still be doing a lot of hauling since i want a 2x weekly vacuum, SO...
a good workout, it is, i guess!
If I had an upstairs and a downstairs, I would probably want two, also. Given the amount of stuff I have in my house, I'm not sure that qualifies as an endorsement. My question is after he laughed, did he volunteer to lug your vacuum cleaner up the stairs for you?
ReplyDeleteI just want to say that we just bought a new one for a little less than $70. It was well rated in Consumer Report. Just sayin'.
he did say he would lug, jane, but that doesn't help too much, because i dont want to be vacuum dependent on his presence.
ReplyDeleteand ours was only $80. but still.
ps. you? need to call me back. also? come visit. we are a cultural MECCA for homeschooling here in Fayetteville. MECCA.
I had two vacuums because I had rugs both upstairs and downstairs. When we finally had the whole downstairs done in wood and tile I had an electric broom down and vac up. It's a wise investment -- you actually vac more because it's where you are when you think of it.
ReplyDeleteIn this newer home I have central vac -- love it more as I have only a hose and heads to take with me--rug beater and hardwood or blind brush and I'm all on one level.
I'm with you! Vaccums is heavy. ;)
ReplyDelete