Friday, May 21, 2010

Hopefully, she doesn't hate it.

A good friend from high school just got married - beach wedding, blue bridesmaid, birds of paradise bouquet, silver bands.

Here is the quilt I made (trying so very hard to match colors from facebook pics, since some promised dress scraps from the bridesmaid never happened):





I thought that particular blue looked so "beachy."

Then, I found (at the end of the bolt; thus, not enough for the whole back, so i added some extra to the sides) this sand dollar fabric that I thought would be perfect:




My husband wasn't a fan of the colors - I thought they turned out well together (maybe I should have done a few less orange blocks), and hey, it wasn't my wedding!

Oh and you can't see, but the thread for the binding is silver metallic (like their rings) - oh the drama. Metallic thread breaks like its going out of style AND I ran out (hence, no fun quilted lines. You don't have to with this kind of cheat quilt and good thing, because I couldn't!).

So yup, hopefully she doesn't hate it - I'm actually not sure if a quilt is her "style." However, I told her if she does, I'm pregnant and sensitive, so just pretend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!