Jimmy is a little older than your Boyo, and now knows when he has to 'go', when he needs his diaper changed, etc. So I said to him the other day that he really had to start using the potty more so he could be more like Mom and Dad. And he goes, "But Mommy, I'm not that big yet!" Stopped me in my tracks! Then I had to go back and think of little kids we know who are potty trained but couldn't think of many. I hope he potty trains before our ages: early 30s! LOL. Good luck...boys train more slowly than girls (I've heard). We'll see with my boyo...
You might check out the book "Diaper Free Before 3" by Jill M. Lekovic. You could also try the potty train in a day method that is advocated by Dr. Phil; although I think that is best used for a child who "should" already be diaper free. And I will say that it did not go well with Ryan... It sure would be nice to have him done with diapers before the baby comes, though!
My son turns three in July and has not been interested in potty training at all. But the last few weeks we have been staying with friends whose kids are more or less potty trained, and I think it got him interested a little bit. But as far as traveling goes: I was quite thankful that he was still in diapers on the plane and during our long road trip. No fun stopping every 30 minutes for the potty or having to leave the line at the security check point to go to the bathroom!
my son is turning 3 in 2 weeks and has zero interest in being potty trained. it's not even a fear of the potty - he's used big and little potties, potties in strange places, even performed both types of pottying. he's just not interested in using the potty regularly. likes underwear - likes to pee and poop in underwear and just keep on playing. yeah. but on a recent road trip, but sister with a nine year old commented on how much easier traveling actually would be if all kids were in diapers. And don't get me started on potty training on airplanes.
I'm with Genevieve above... I'm pretty sure traveling is easier when they're in diapers. After they're trained, you have to know that there's a potty within a few minutes at all times. I'm dreading the first road trip across PA with a potty-trained toddler.
Our family, and Mr. First Lieutenant in particular, has had a special devotion to St. Sebastian since a WYD Pilgrimage through Rome in 2005. After visiting the catacombs beneath the tomb of St. Sebastian himself, Mr.FL was inspired to write an epic tale of early Christian martyrs, centering around St. Sebastian. Then, once he decided to enter the military, I thought it only appropriate to entrust both this blog and our family to the patron saint of soliders.
Then it's Hi! Hi! Hey! The Army's on its way. Count off the cadence loud and strong For where e’er we go, You will always know That The Army Goes Rolling Along.
All pictures, comments, etc belong to me and maybe not be used or reproduced without permission.
Also, this is a place where I record moments of our lives, thoughts, tidbits and musings that I deem to be of interest to me. If you do not like what you read or disagree rudely, please feel free to click away!
Jimmy is a little older than your Boyo, and now knows when he has to 'go', when he needs his diaper changed, etc. So I said to him the other day that he really had to start using the potty more so he could be more like Mom and Dad. And he goes, "But Mommy, I'm not that big yet!" Stopped me in my tracks! Then I had to go back and think of little kids we know who are potty trained but couldn't think of many. I hope he potty trains before our ages: early 30s! LOL. Good luck...boys train more slowly than girls (I've heard). We'll see with my boyo...
ReplyDeleteyea, boys are slower i know. its just i know SO MANY kids his age (including a BOY!) who are potty trained that i am muy jealous.
ReplyDeletejohn is good about telling me AFTER he goes. or mid-go. not so helpful :-p
You might check out the book "Diaper Free Before 3" by Jill M. Lekovic. You could also try the potty train in a day method that is advocated by Dr. Phil; although I think that is best used for a child who "should" already be diaper free. And I will say that it did not go well with Ryan...
ReplyDeleteIt sure would be nice to have him done with diapers before the baby comes, though!
My son turns three in July and has not been interested in potty training at all. But the last few weeks we have been staying with friends whose kids are more or less potty trained, and I think it got him interested a little bit. But as far as traveling goes: I was quite thankful that he was still in diapers on the plane and during our long road trip. No fun stopping every 30 minutes for the potty or having to leave the line at the security check point to go to the bathroom!
ReplyDeletemy son is turning 3 in 2 weeks and has zero interest in being potty trained. it's not even a fear of the potty - he's used big and little potties, potties in strange places, even performed both types of pottying. he's just not interested in using the potty regularly. likes underwear - likes to pee and poop in underwear and just keep on playing. yeah. but on a recent road trip, but sister with a nine year old commented on how much easier traveling actually would be if all kids were in diapers. And don't get me started on potty training on airplanes.
ReplyDeleteI'm with Genevieve above... I'm pretty sure traveling is easier when they're in diapers. After they're trained, you have to know that there's a potty within a few minutes at all times. I'm dreading the first road trip across PA with a potty-trained toddler.
ReplyDeleteandrea - its all about the potty you keep in your car! (although, ditto on easier with diapers, cuz you can't do that in airports!)
ReplyDeletemultiple moms of many have given me this tip!
I actually already have a potty for the car. Just not looking forward to pulling over on the side of the road to use it.
ReplyDelete