
I haven't sewn in forever and I miss it.
The problem is that I don't really have anything to sew. I need a project; more specifically, I need a person to need a project for in order to motivate me to sew something.
I need to make a tablecloth (borrrring) for my Craigslist table that is muy functional and sturdy, but covered in marks; I need a sewing machine cover (almost as borrrring) now that my machine is in front of the window and its crazy wacko pollen season down south.
But, really, who gets excited about those?
Also, a high school friend gets married sometime this month - I say sometime since I don't know when exactly; she's getting married on one of those destination weddings, and since I definitely can't afford that, I didn't receive an invite - and I want to make her a quilt. But the bridesmaid who is supposed to be hooking me up with info - ie. colors, scraps, etc. - hasn't gotten back to me, so I can't really start it since I don't know what it should look like.
Oh, and I've thought about making something for the new baby but.... all I can think of is a quilt and we have so. many. baby blankets it is ridiculous.
So, yes. That leaves me here: sewless.
Boo.


dude. make me something.
ReplyDeletesomething pretty.
like a spring dress!
uhh... a dress? so scary!
ReplyDeletei was looking at patterns yesterday at joann's (got the fabric to make my table cloth - so pretty! - and finish my sewing machine cover) and was terrified.
i had seen the most adorable chicken fabric and johnny's cousin joslyn (and her mother) are obsessed with chickens, so i thought it would be so cute to make her a little sun dress or jammies but then i kept seeing things like elastic... binding tape... gathered sleeves.
and hyperventilated.
so yea, a dress? EEK!
hey I have a project for you - feel free to say no. One of my friends made theo a special quilt when he was born, which was so sweet of her. but now i have one child with a special quilt to grow up wit and another child without anything withher name on it. so if you are looking for something special to do, you could honor a second child with her very own quilt (not that she cares now, but someday she really will)
ReplyDeleteoh vieve, i would love to! any preferences for what it should look like? not sure if you want me to include her baby clothes or something. also... not sure how to include her name... thats embroidery, which i don't know how to do :(
ReplyDeleteI don't know how big your niece is but here are there VERY easy dresses/skirts with clear directions:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.prudentbaby.com/2010/03/diy-pillowcase-baby-dress-pattern.html
http://www.prudentbaby.com/2010/03/10-minute-onesie-dress-easiest-dress.html
http://whrrl.com/experience/story/18675587
thanks so much sara - that first one does look easy!
ReplyDeletebut umm, bias tape?? ACK!
hooray! thank you thank you!
ReplyDeleteno pressure about the name - theos just has a tag sewn on with "STR" embroidered on it. but it's his yellow (plaid) blanket and he's quite proud of the tag.
as to what it looks like... I like purple. or, her name mean eternal light if that brings up anything to you. it could be really basic or you could try out something new - whatever you think. and i can compensate you for materials or whatever you need.
wow, I'm really excited!
Lina, bias tape isn't all that scary! Just think of it as pre-cut and folded strips of fabric. :)
ReplyDeleteoh yay! I love sewing projects! what did you end up making? :)
ReplyDeletesusan - a tablecloth and sewing machine cover :-p
ReplyDeletelol, lame i know.
however, as soon as i have the time, i am going to joann's (it is so not close. booo) to work on a quilt for my gf from college's daughter.
so yay! :) a new quilt!
awesome...quilts are always fun. those are something i don't mind having lots of. :) Post pics when you're done!
ReplyDelete