What finger? Oh, the one I tried to quilt into the backing for that extra special homemade touch. Or, because I'm a moron who wasn't paying attention.
Anyways, one boo-boo and a complete lack of desire to ever use minky again, my quilt is mostly done. Luckily, when I flipped it inside out, the wonkiness that was the result of minky slippage (despite lots of pinning) wasn't even noticeable. Plus, its a gift for a friend, so I'm sure she'll get over it.
As much as I enjoy "quilting" and making things in general, I so think I will never be more than a amateur (and that might be generous) seamstress. I can't cut straight, I can't sew straight, I can't pin straight. Personally, I believe the bits of unevenness add a dash of character and charm to the things I make, but I will always be out of the league of quilts that appraise at close to $1000.
Ah well, I guess another spiritual lesson here would be humility. :)
Ps. I so am going to use minky again; I lied. Because, if we are having a girl, I am so making a quilt similar to this (different colors... maybe different pattern?) for her. Its just too cozy not to!
Pps. Ribbon binding? Nogo. Its not wide enough to wrap around. And, really, thats fine by me, because I've about reached the point in the project where I'm getting sick of it. Also, the giant dental bill that they lied and told me I wasn't going to have that arrived in the mail yesterday too late to call put a crimp in my sewing high. Thanks, United Concordia.
Pps. Ribbon binding? Nogo. Its not wide enough to wrap around. And, really, thats fine by me, because I've about reached the point in the project where I'm getting sick of it. Also, the giant dental bill that they lied and told me I wasn't going to have that arrived in the mail yesterday too late to call put a crimp in my sewing high. Thanks, United Concordia.


Um, so jealous that you can sew! I absolutely cannot even sew a button. It's pathetic.
ReplyDeleteUnited Concordia. Well, it sucks.
ReplyDeleteLove the quilt! Also, heard back from my friend. She said you can email her directly. If you shoot me an email (maiafromflower at gmail dot com) I can pass along her email address!
ReplyDeleteok, so the quilt is fabulous! thanks for posting pics! I am so impressed that you hand quilted! i took a class in hand quilting...and it's sooooo time consuming...but I still wish I could do it...i think I forgot tho...maybe one of these days I can try it on a small quilt..great job...love the colors!
ReplyDeletehand quilt? lol, this is on my sewing machine baby! i'm pry worse at straight stitching by hand than by machine! :)
ReplyDelete