Its been a while, eh?Well, this move is almost over.
I say almost because the phone doesn't work (no dial tone) and the washer hookup where you attach the hoses is leaking and I can't even talk to someone about it until Monday.
Once those are done, and about 4 more pictures hung, we will be officially all moved in.
Whew.
(Did I mention I get to do this all again at the end of June?
Woo. Hoo.)
Positives about our new place?
"Near" (as in drivable) to Target, Ross, Panera, Starbucks, Barnes&Noble and some others
Pretty spacious
We get more channels on our antenna than at Benning (where we got 2)
Less than our BAH which means a little savings
Pretty parish (oooh, and a local Melkite Parish. OOOooh!)
Debbie Downers?
Nothing is walkable. No. thing. which could become a problem with one car and the post being not so close, and thus Mr. 2nd Lt needing it to get to work
Parish is far-ish
The superbowl is NOT one of the channels coming in
The carpet is funkay
My proximity to the above awesome stores could be detrimental to said savings :-p


Yeah that was the unfortunate thing about Benning. Everyone who lives off post is close together, but we're all far from post. And everything close to post should have a barbed wire fence around it. Your car situation does seem to be a problem for sure. We had issues with the fact that we were both driving to post 6 days a week, wasting a lot of gas. If we could do it over, we'd probably live on post.
ReplyDeleteYes, close to post at Benning was SCARy! Close to Gordon seems to be... nothing. As in a long stretch of road with nothing on it! lol, not that it mattered, since we aren't eligible for on post because we're only here 20 weeks. argh.
ReplyDeleteft. bragg tho, definitely want on post... but dont see how we'd get it.
email me when you get a chance...I'll make a day trip out to see you (so long as I get back before 2:30 when the bus comes)...and show you around a bit.
ReplyDeleteone car I couldn't do it! But then again where we live, nothing is in walking distance of anything. Small children and major highways just doesn't mix!
ReplyDeleteAnd funkay carpet is creepy. But saving BAH is fantastic!
yea, we're hoping for some kind of MIL selling old car miracle because i dont think one car cuts it in these parts. nothing is in walking distance here either - literally, there are no sidewalks on these roads. how do these people live?? suburbia, i loathe thee :-p
ReplyDeletenot sure how bragg, will be,but seems like these post places aren't conducive to saving $$/gas with one car!!
Hey I just subscribed to your blog. I was "Anon" on the Faith and Family...we are expecting our second child in October. If you email me at my google account, I can link you up to my own personal blog. I also have family down in the Ft. Bragg area if you have questions. (I currently have a two year old boy, like yoursel as well! And we've been married five years this coming summer!
ReplyDeletehmmm - how do i get your email? its not on your profile :-/
ReplyDeleteOoops....kzgorman@gmail
ReplyDeletesorry! look foward to hearing from you