Thursday, January 7, 2010

It makes my heart hurt...

when I don't even get to hear his voice for a day, let alone not see him for days on end.

when people talk about their IUDs and mini-pills and whatnot. Those poor little babies that might have been there and then, never had a chance...

when I think a little too hard about the dear friends left behind and family we rarely see.

every cycle that goes by.

thinking about thinking about thinking about the separation that is coming all too soon to our little family.

every time I see a whole animal on the side of the road and hope they didn't have to suffer.


And then, it makes my heart hurt with joy ....

when I find little Catholic homeschooling jems like this one and just can't wait to have a Boyo big enough.

when Boyo gets ecstatic to see a Star Trek DVD come in the mail.

when my little guy stands up and kisses Jesus on the cross goodnight.

when Mr. 2nd Lt kisses the monkey goodbye in the car, and then he laughs just so and says "Papa" in the "you're being ever so silly" tone of voice.

when Mr. 2nd Lt. comes home and we're a family again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!