Why must you feel so Sisyphian? What did I ever do to you?I pack.
And pack.
And pack.
I sort boxes, relabel, tape up, and pack.
And pack.
And pack.
And yet all of your empty boxes litter my house - mocking me. All of my cupboards and closets remain full - crying out to be packed.
But, you know what, packing? You won't win.
You are my purgatory.
You are the cross that my type-A, decluttering, tidy-up nice and neat personality must embrace.
You are the cross that teaches me to let God handle things.
Your irritation, your mess, your endless monotony is my soul's purification.
And unlike Sisyphus, when I get to the top of this hill, with the help of God's grace (and His patience!) -
I win!
O Holy Family, patrons of fast moving, pray for us that have recourse to Thee!


I know just what you mean... it's the hardest to try and pack a house you still have to live in!
ReplyDeleteYou are in my thoughts!
-Andrea