Sunday, November 8, 2009

Embrace the Suck

Learned a new Army term this weekend.


Those OCs - always teaching ya somethin'! :-p


After Mr. 2nd Lt. went back to OCS and Boyo went to bed, I decided to distract my husband-less and Netflix-less self by embracing the suck that is the applique stitch.



Because of this horrifically difficult stitch that I idiotically committed myself to doing
TWENTY ONE TIMES
(that's how many letters there are in the Mother Seton quote on this quilt), it took me 2.25 hours to sew on SIX letters.

Oh the frustration!

Oh the souls released from purgatory this evening! :)

Good thing its the month of All Souls and good thing I still have the super long words to go!




"Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said throughout the world today, for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the Universal Church, those in my own home, and within my family. Amen."



Ps. The "O"s? The WORST.

Although, ask me again tomorrow after I try the "G"s and/or "C"s.


Pps. Lest you think I'm even more terrible of a crafter than I actually am, I do NOT plan on leaving the letters looking that raggedy and thready. I just need to buy a little sharp scissors to do the cleaning up, since all I have now is a pair of honking pinking shears and a cutter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!