Tuesday, October 27, 2009

So This Is Love

Mmmmm mmmmm. So this. is love.










That's right!


I am the proud new owner of a [vintage 1970s era] Singer [before it was made in China and the company went to carp] sewing machine, complete with 4-step buttonhole!

My aunt passed on her first first machine to me when she heard this weekend that I wanted one that was simple to start on my sewing adventure. Believe it or not, this puppy, purchased when she was 15 after saving up for months and months, was $600 new! Crazy, huh? Imagine the techno, computerized gizmo insanity maching that $600 smackers would buy today.

Anyways, I love it. Love it, love it, love it.

And, come Friday, I think we'll be getting along like peaches and cream :)

3 comments:

  1. So happy for you!! God always provides :)

    Hope the packing/hoeing out/moving process is going really well!

    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks thanks thanks! :)

    it is. as long as everything fits in my car tonight, it is definitely going well :-p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! And that Cinderella song is now in my head ;)

    ReplyDelete

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!