Saturday, October 17, 2009

Peachy Keen

A 12 hour car ride (8hr drive), one weekend pass, and a nice hotel room later, the Mr. 2nd Lt. Family is together again. :) Three is indeed a magic number!

Mr. 2nd Lt. reports for official "busy work" duty on Monday, since his OCS date has been officially pushed back until the beginning of November (thank you Ft. Knox reception for the delay!).

Hopefully, this will also be Boyo and I's new home come November 1st.

All will be revealed bright and early Monday morning, when Boyo and I march ourselves over to the "Villages at Benning" Housing Office and hope that the promised available on base housing really appears when we turn in our completed [??] housing app. After getting a bit lost in the not-so-beautiful downtown Columbus on the way to the hotel on Friday evening, I am pretty positive that its on base housing or nada. I just don't think I'd be comfortable living in town somewhere near to post.

Also, after driving around post and browsing the Mall, etc. for some of Mr 2nd Lt.'s OCS supplies, it just seems like this nice little town. A little Army bubble in which I am eager to immerse myself.

Hopefully, this is all part of God's will for us. Hopefully.

Please Saints in Heaven let it all work out!

For now though, as in, until Monday morning (or Sunday night really, when Mr.SL has to report back for formation), we are soaking in every little family moment together and I am especially looking forward to going to Mass together tomorrow morning. Oh the grace! :)

Holy Family, pray for us and help us to imitate you in all things.

1 comment:

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!