Friday, October 2, 2009

Angel of God, My Guardian Dear

Can I just say how much I LOVE this month and its beaucoup feast days? :) Its a constant party, I love it.

The only thing better is the feast day extravanganza in Advent :)

Today for the Guardian Angels we went downtown to the Basilica of the Shrine of the Immaculate Conception for International Children's Holy Hour. It was REALLY well done, and oh so beautiful. Johnny did very well, and loved going to all the Mary chapels at the Shrine, calling out "Mama" at each one. Adorable!
And, I'm 90% positive that my little John Diego totally recognized (and got excited about) the Our Lady of Guadalupe Chapel, in particular. That monkey knows his Mama Mary!


I also found a stuffed advent wreath with velcro-able candles - too cute! So, of course, I had to buy it. And an angels holy card for him for today's feast day. All in all, a lovely time :)


And, yesterday, so as not to leave anyone out...


For the feast of St. Therese, a near and dear one to our hearts since we fell in love with her parish in Alhambra, CA and plan to return there someday when this Army business is through, Johnny and I went to Mass... and he did alright!


Then, we had a treat - breakfast at Panera, and bought ourselves some roses at the grocery store (and then gave half to my aunt who we went to go visit. Have to spread that Little Flower love! :) ).


I'm looking forward to the feast of St. Francis on Sunday - we plan to "celebrate" it (sssh, don't tell my family :-p) by going pumpkin picking and corn maizing. I think St. Francis would approve! :) And then, Our Lady of the Rosary on Wednesday, St. Teresa of Avila on Mr. 2nd Lt.'s graduation day, St. Isaac Jogues, Sts. Simon and Jude. Yay October!


All ye angels and saints, pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!