Sunday, September 13, 2009

Crunchy Product Review

WARNING: This is an EXTREMELY Crunchy product/thing to do,
so if you have a low tolerance for crunchiness
and/or things like cloth diapers,
you might want to skip this post :)








Even though I'm not a big and famous blog who gets products to review for free (dude, how do you get on that list?? :-p), I thought my crunchy category could use some hits, thus, this little review.

So I've been using my reusable/cloth tampons this menstrual cycle, and I must say, I'm a huge fan. The picture above is actually the ones I bought at this Etsy shop, except my little wet bag is way cuter (a pink swirly design). I also mix and matched my sizes - a super, three regulars and a lite absorbency. They insert easily (well, as easily as an OB tampon; and while I do prefer an applicator, its not really that big a deal), they absorb well, and the rinsing/soaking that I have been doing seem to completely remove stains, at least, thus far. Couldn't be happier! I almost went and bought more tonight (since five really isn't enough, I've been supplementing with leftover disposables from last time around), and then realized, wait, that's dumb, just buy one of the Diva cups you've been interested in. Turns out, they're a little pricey (over $30!), so maybe in a few weeks.






I also have been using the above as back up liners and for light flow days from this Etsy shop and absolutely ADORE them. Firstly, they are so cute. Odd, I know, for a feminine hygeine product, but she does custom fabrics, and I chose some pretty, princess girly ones. Who doesn't want to have nice, pretty things for days you're feeling ucky and gross? :) And, again, the rinsing (and now, soaking with the tampons; although I was just rinsing before and had no trouble with staining then either) has worked marvelously well. I throw them both in with my cloth diapers when I wash them. And, I actually do plan to buy a couple more of these, perhaps slightly higher absorbency because they are just so handy.


So that is that. Crunchtastic, I know. But, hey, with no husband around to talk his ear off, I have to tell someone about it, right? :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow - that is indeed super crunchy. I didn't even know there were such things!

    ReplyDelete

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!