Friday, August 21, 2009

The Devil's Arithmetic

Just when I thought I was hanging in there so well...

Today marks exactly eight weeks until I see Mr. SL again.

Eight weeks, I thought, I can do that. Then, I realized that, wait a sec... basic is only supposed to be NINE weeks long... and my husband has already been gone for THREE... that doesn't add up. Then I realized all that processing time and time then being stuck in processing extended our separation.

Sigh.

Thanks US Army.

Who's the patron saint of waiting? St. Monica?

Saints in heaven, pray for me. Please!

6 comments:

  1. ah yes, the time apart often gets extended. Actually often isn't quite fair, always fits better! Hang in there, after a while being apart gets very normal, in an odd sort of way, but so goes military life.

    and washable tampons? I didn't know they made those. You are a far better woman then me, I'll stick to composting and recycling! : ) thanks for stopping by hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the support :) i guess its encouraging? to know being apart gets normal? ugh. i hope not! :-p

    like i siad, i haven't actually tried the washable tampons yet, so i'll let you know if i like them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I've found you through the comments on another blog- I wanted to say I commend you on cloth diapering, reusable pads and tampons, and all the like. I'd like to try it all, God willing the diapers when my Hubs gets home!

    Just thought I would say- diaper ick is worse to me than mine. ;) And, I might try the Diva.

    Blessings!

    ~S

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww, thanks! :) really, cloth diapering is easy, especially when they're small and still breastfed. its really all about whether you can handle the extra laundry. i'd like to try the Diva, and honestly, i've only ORDERED the washable tampons off etsy, so i'll let you know how the go :)

    the panty liners though were no biggie, because, yes, as you said, my son's ickies are MUCH ickier than my own :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Daniel's tour was suppose to be 179 days but the Air Force, for some odd reason, made it 189 days. And then it took them a few extra days to actually leave the U.S.

    So... I understand your frustration very well. Because if this extra 10 days that was tacked on, Daniel is now going to miss Christmas and Eliza's birthday... very sad.

    I am praying that these next 8 weeks FLY for you!

    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. and that your days go quickly as well!

    missing Christmas?!? ugh, the military! :-p

    ReplyDelete

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!