
In whatever you do, remember your last days... (Sirach 7:36)
Apparently, I am bad at updating this. Not that anyone else is reading along, but! If I want to keep a journal of our time together, it would help to remember to put up posts along the way! :)
Our time in our little Pasadena apartment is winding down, with only 4.5 days left. Our furniture is slowly trickling away, our car has been sold (we are borrowing a car from some extraordinarily gracious friends!), our things are mostly in boxes, our pantry has been given mostly away and my desire to do anything remotely domestic (read: cook meals) has fled. We attended our good friend's son's birthday party.
I successfully surprised my husband with a congrats/going away party thanks to amazing friends whose house they offered as a venue. It was a wonderful time and so good to see lots of people that we will dearly miss. It is a huge comfort that we shall return to sunny SoCal in a few years!
the lovely party cake
We attended our last playgroups, said goodbye to dear friends and throughout all this, I keep waiting for sadness to rush over me like a wave, but it hasn't really happened yet. Maybe it will not? Perhaps the peace that I have been praying so hard for is taking care of that for me :)
Another blog that I read about an Air Force wife is just beginning a 6 month deployment and her posts have definitely made me "remember" that Mr. 2nd Lt. will be gone much too soon for my taste and out of contact for nine whole weeks, except through my letters to him (they are allowed to make phone calls during basic, but its strictly on a rewards basis, so I know that I can't emotionally count on that, or I will become very depressed if I didn't hear from him). I am unable to quite comprehend how exactly I will be able to do this. Providentially, I will have family to distract me, but there are so many hours in the day, hours that I am used to spending with my husband....
I will definitely be calling on Mother Seton and her prayers, since she knows what it is like to be without a husband, away from friends (at least I'll have family!), with small children.
Coming tomorrow or Monday - Fr. James' ordination and first Mass and Father's Day post and pictures.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Its true, comments make my day :)
Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.
This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!
Uncharitable comments will be deleted!