Friday, May 22, 2009

Why We're Here

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven.

A friend of mine posted that verse from Ecclesiastes the other day on facebook and I think it sums up pretty well our family's current adventure. After months and months of fruitless job searching by my screenwriter at heart husband (hereafter known as "Mr. 2nd Lt.") -- in fact after over 300 job applications and only TWO callbacks -- our occasional joke about joining the military suddenly looked like not such a bad idea, considering the perks. Much thinking and praying led us to the realization that being an officer in something (first the AF without success and then the Army) would allow Mr. 2nd Lt. to not only support our family, thereby permitting me to stay home, but would also allow us to put away money in the bank that we could then use to live on while the GI Bill paid for a Masters in Film from UCLA after his time was up.

In addition, I've always loved blog reading (indeed, until I discovered RSS feeds, I had a serious OCD multiple times a day blog checking disorder!) and had toyed with the idea of making my own, but had no real reason to or anything to really write about. Then, this whole adventure popped up and I thought aha! an excuse! And, in all seriousness, I wanted a way to keep track of our lives during such an exciting and crazy time, something I could look back at after it was over. I'm not sure if I will make this public or not, but even so, I like knowing its here, all permanent-like.

And so, here we are. Whereever the Army takes us in this season of our lives, and whenever the Holy Spirit tells us to go there. Hold on to your hats! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!