Thursday, February 26, 2015

Winter Wrapup

Since spring is in the air in mostly always sunny SoCal, and this sad little blog hasn't seen any light of day since early Advent, just a little photo bomb for the faraways to catch us up.

Six or less weeks until baby numero cuatro debuts, wrapping up first grade, first penance accomplished and staring down the barrel of first communion.  Things are mostly pretty good :D



Whale watching field trip [was a bust] with all boyos.  
Noone drowned, so that was a bonus.



Pats won which made a lot of people in my house very excited.



Someone turned the big "7" (and got matching slippers from Papa 
which he promptly outgrew in a month.  Why we can't have nice things)



Then, for his birthday celebration, we took the kidlets and two friends to see some penguin cartoon and everyone got their own popcorn and drink.  Aka FANCY!!!  (no seriously.  so fancy)



Don't count the number of candles on that cupcake (or the number of stores I had to go to get them b/c of various debacles), since Mama didn't double check that before the big day....


At the rate I'm going on here, I think i'll see you guys next with a birth story?  ;)

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Ours do the same thing on the shoe front. The girl was outgrowing her shoes so I ordered a (much larger) pair off zulily. I cringed all the way because I'm used to paying $1 or $2 (from thrift stores) for the kids' shoes, and these were something like $12. It's ok, I assured myself. They're expensive but these will take a while to grow into, and they're new and solid and will last through many kids. It took them two weeks to get here, and then she outgrew them in two more weeks. The twins seriously jumped from 18-24 month to 4T clothes between August and now. I'm starting to consider burlap sacks as a viable clothing option... And hey, congrats on nobody drowning. That always counts as a good parenting day in my book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your update! I know I've been following all of your updates on Facebook, but reading a blog update is different.

    I loved the movie idea for a birthday. We've been doing parties (inviting either family with cousins or friends with kids) because, well, I want to see relatives or friends. My kids haven't been very concerned with who comes yet (just what loose theme their party has - for cake and some decorations). I'll have to consider the movie thing (especially for Andrew) in the future.

    ReplyDelete

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!