Friday, July 18, 2014

Seven Quick Takes Vol.4




As this is posting, I am winging my way over the Mojave en route to Phoenix.  I'm headed for two and half short days and two even shorter nights of blissful girl time with dear friends from Ft. Bragg.  I've been looking forward to this for MONTHS and thoughts of this weekend literally carried me through many days during the long month of June.

How I'm going to motivate myself in August I still don't know.



Since the last volume, we had a lovely visit with my parents and much wailing and gnashing of teeth when the free babysitters, all around kid entertainers departed. 



Also the kids were upset to say good bye to Nana too.

(And Abuelo.  his name is just harder to say when you're learning to talk, so he gets less air time.  But his sticker game playing prowess goes unmatched.)


Oh a sticker game? Whats that you ask? Its all the rage among edgey toddlers in which they require an adults 100%, unfocused attention in the assistance of unsticking an entire sheet of stickers and covering their exposed skin with said stickers.  

Like so.


(they literally sat for almost an hour, with different stickers, doing a similar activity.  That is the love of a grandfather right there.  #Mamaaintgottimefordat )

We hit up Disney thanks to a verrry generous friend who is employed by said theme park owner.




because my dad. quintessentially him.


We hung out, used a new wading pool the gp's scored at Target, visited the splash pad and....


Pregamed our 10th anniversary on January 1st with an overnight to a little local B&B.  and by local I mean we could have walked.  And then did walk back past our house on the way to dinner.


And tried on vintage wedding dresses hanging in the room.  And had crazy good breakfast (also not pictured: crazy good dessert/tea snack salted caramel chocolate brownies. Not pictured because I ATES THEM ALL).  Watched embarrassing amounts of HGTV.

The smile of a childfree woman.

AND HAD NO CHILDREN WITH US FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER.


I know, right?

So much win.  Have to make childless hay while the grandparent free babysitting sunshines ;)  Hence a "9.5 anniversary" trip.  I mean "trip."



After Nana & Abuelo left, we started first grade!  Helps combat the post-gp letdown.  Or something.


So far, so good, lots of Ancient Egypt this month, along with new poems, new math, and lots of complaining from a kid who doesn't realize that EVERY. OTHER. KID. his age sits in a classroom for 7 hours a day.  They *don't* do school for 2-3 hours, interspersed with lots of breaks, and then play legos and whotheheckknows with their brother all day long.

Just sayin.
"Just sayin" in hieroglyphics.  
Kidding. 
Birthday message for Nana in hieroglyphics. 
Also Batman was Egyptian, didn't you know?


Much talking, discussing, dreaming and planning has been going on around here for the future of our little family - jobs and houses and wheres and hows.  Many prayers for my husband as he discerns where he is being led.  And prayers for those of us tagging along behind him, grateful to suddenly realize his destination will include more free babysitting starting next fall!



For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!