My first quick takes! Woohoo! Finally, joining the land of the internet living :) I've been reading other folks' quick takes for ages and ages and when I recently realized I was often having random thoughts with no one to share them too, often too long for facebook I thought i might dust off ye olde blog and tell the masses of whocares about nothing.
But then I never remembered to do it. So maybe this way, I might start more regularly updating?
The Army: it both sucks and blows. Even when you're not active duty anymore. Reserves, I'm looking at you.
Remember that time my husband came home from "war"?
And I failed him as a wife and Army spouse and just painted a sign on cardboard (ahem. that blew over on our porch so it wasn't even visible when we got back. I'd ask for a doover except... well yea.) because I didn't know you could get free ones and I was so busy trying to keep two children under 4 alive slash not lose my sanity that I didn't research it until um, never?
And then he was sad about it?
And then I found out how everyone and their mom gets a sign?
So I ordered one for after drill and he found out and was super mad and I didn't care and I'm putting it up anyways (albeit indoors since he was so adamant about NOT having an outdoor sign)?
Because he still IS serving and gosh darn, the man deserves a sign?!
Yea, I remember that too ;)
Remember that other time we were grateful that I wasn't pregnant while my husband was gone for a month because hey! no pukes all alone! Silver lining, hurrah!
And then my oldest started throwing up?
Sigh. I remember that too.
An angel of a friend delivered crackers, fluids, and soup yesterday, along with activated charcoal, and noone else appears to be sick (yet) so I am cautiously optimistic. But I'm scared to let my guard down *too* much because then the vomit will catch me unawares everywhere! The mess! The humanity!
But if it *is* coming, I'd like to be sooner just b/c my nerves. They are fragile. And, we're about to be all out of "sick" foods since my ravenous wolf children are pretty much inhaling everything....
I was supposed to visit an internet friend and a college friend this weekend in San Jose. Road trip was planned, bags packed by the front door, every stitch of laundry washed and prepped. Then my oldest woke me 3 hours before we left to gag at me (he made it to the toilet), and see above #4 as to why we're stuck here this weekend.
Le sigh.
Again
*somebody* has started saying the word No. Only, she doesn't say No, she says "uhhuh" with all the temerity, indignation and sass of a 13 year old.
Needlesstosay, I'm less than pleased.
But... this face.
So we keep her. For now.
Oh wow, look, last one! So, we've very suddenly, but actually very carefully decided that are we are pretty sure we're moving back East Side (to my hometown) at the end of 2015. For many, many reasons, including but not limited to family and housing markets.
So, for fun, to pass the time of single parenthood, I browse realtor dot com for the area to look at all! the! houses! we could actually buy (very different from looking at houses here. none of which we could ever buy). And sometimes, real gems pop up.

Like this beaut, that they have the nerve to list at the same price as very updated, modernized homes. The houses are solid themselves (built in the 1950s, my mom grew up in one!), but original owners with no renovations leads to some crazy town decor.
Not only is that (faux?) brick everywhere in the downstairs, the kitchen is the proud owner of the original stove and oven. What a gem, right?
Whatever helps to pass the time!
See you next week, I hope!
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!



Nooo, throwing up children when you're flying solo is the worst!
ReplyDeleteWe've just finished house hunting and some of the things we saw! It's amazing that people will list their houses for LOTS of money, but not think that maybe they should replace their roller skate rink carpet (NOT MAKING THAT UP) before showing you around!
i don't know what roller rink carpet is and i don't think i want to know. IN A HOUSE. lol
DeleteI'm glad you dusted off the ol' blog! I was just thinking that I missed our facebook-based friendship. :) So this was a well-timed post.
ReplyDeleteheyyyy there!! nice to "see" you :) hows the FB fast going?
DeleteOh, that is quite the kitchen! When we were redoing our kitchen floor, we found a beautiful faux-brick linoleum under all the other layers of flooring. It would have been the perfect match for the backsplash in that kitchen!
ReplyDeleteoh faux brick. you do you :-p
Delete