Friday, August 10, 2012

This Kid is Different

Regardless of whether or not Baby Butternut is a boy or girl, he/she is already different from the first two.

He moves differently - I feel like he's not as active as the big boys were.  Definitely still kicking and moving but its more... calm.

Does this mean he'll be a good sleeper?

She sits differently.  Looooow, loooow, loooow.  By now, both boys were well into my ribcage. On a permanent basis, but this kid instead has take up resident looooow in my pelvis.  Instead of trying to shove a bottom out of my righthand side ribs, I spend a lot of time walking around like I just got off a horse after some kind of cattleride.  Cervix punches anyone?

Not a single hiccup.

I don't think that any of these pregnancy differences indicate sex in any way, I just think its interesting how our newest little one is already making it clear he/she is *not* the same as everyone else.

Again, I'm just hoping this includes the sleeping skills!

(Oh and see the oranges?  Thats how big :) )

5 comments:

  1. I didn't feel little George move AT ALL until I was pretty far along...no little flutters or anything. Turned out the placenta was right in the front between him and my belly. He made up for it the last month or so, when I felt him all the time - and always at 10 pm when I'd want to go to sleep. But now, 5 weeks later, he is almost always asleep by 10 pm and stays that way until 4 am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, i've felt the movements since about 15 weeks and my placenta is along the top, but its just... less. or less often... or less... crazy? lol

      heres to a kid WHO SLEEPS!!

      Delete
  2. I love this. And I love your disclaimers that none of this means the baby is necessarily a girl. :) But it is a really nice way to look at how different pregnancies are, due in part to how different each child is. Miracles, all of them.

    I'm experiencing the same thing with #3 (oh yes, #3 is baking!). It's been completely different so far. And although this pregnancy is the least comfortable so far, it's a nice reminder that this baby is all his/her own.

    All of my fingers are crossed for you for a good sleeper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a little late to the ballgame but...congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my second was like this. I didn't feel her move till I was about 25 weeks and for the entire pregnancy it was low kicks, small movements, etc. BUT...she was one of the two worst of my kids in terms of colic. However, I am with Eliza in how each pregnancy is so different. (although I carried my boys very low, upfront, and my girls very high and all around.).

    ReplyDelete

Its true, comments make my day :)

Please, however, only comment if you can do so in all charity.

This doesn't mean that you have to agree with me - it means you need to disagree nicely!

Uncharitable comments will be deleted!